Diamond Blue Ink Market Price

James4226c

Hi Everyone,

I would like to solicit some opinions from the community if it's ok.

I have my eye on a new pen and I'm contemplating selling a unopened bottle of Diamond Blue Ink (and other LE inks that I have no problem pricing).

I've never seen any bottles for sale in the second hand market before so I'm left scratching my head with this one.

What do you the market price is?

What's the desirability/rarity of this ink like? (Permanent Grey, Alfred Hitchcock, Ink of Friendship, somewhere in between?)

Aloha,
James

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James4226c

• Chrissy

• vieuxcarre

• littlepen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure what the market price is, currently there is an UK seller on eBay who has one list for 65 GBP or approximately 90 USD. Listed, not sold. List it with a Buy it Now with the offer function and possibly get what you want for it. Never know, you might be like the seller who sold a bottle of Gandhi ink for $440 or some of the sellers getting $190 for a full Einstein bottle.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to solicit some opinions from the community if it's ok.

I have my eye on a new pen and I'm contemplating selling a unopened bottle of Diamond Blue Ink (and other LE inks that I have no problem pricing).

I've never seen any bottles for sale in the second hand market before so I'm left scratching my head with this one.

What do you the market price is?

What's the desirability/rarity of this ink like? (Permanent Grey, Alfred Hitchcock, Ink of Friendship, somewhere in between?)

Aloha,

James

It seems to be fairly desirable. Much more desirable than Permanent Grey. Probably as desirable as, if not more desirable than, Hitchcock. More desirable than Ink of Friendship.

Just one word of caution from selling on ebay as Buy it Now with Best Offer function: When you list as a Buy it Now item, you can check a box on the listing form to say that immediate payment has to be made with Buy it Now items. You can't have this checked if you accept offers. So the coin is in the air whether the buyer will pay or not.

Thanks for the responses.

I'm not going to lie, it is hard for me to let it go but $190 is a nice chunk of change to go towards a new pen would be nice.

Thanks for the responses.

I'm not going to lie, it is hard for me to let it go but $190 is a nice chunk of change to go towards a new pen would be nice.

Well if you haven't used it before now, it seems like you won't miss it.

I would much rather have $190 for a new pen than have a unused bottle of ink sitting in a drawer somewhere. :)

Not to be too off-topic, but I don't believe I have ever seen Diamond Blue. I did a search and looked for images for about half an hour, but all the photos were on PhotoBucket and were inaccessible. Anyone have a swab or writing sample?

Never mind--I did a Google image search and found plenty of photos. The color is not what I'm looking for.

Edited by jmccarty3

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Last few bottles I sold maybe 2 years ago were to a collector for $75 per new, boxed bottle. I am sure I could get more now, but $190 seems a bit steep. Then again, everyone seemed to dislike the Einstein ink when it was out and now sellers charges ridiculous prices (in my opinion). I assume the ink bought at these high prices will likely never leave the bottle.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Loving this thread... I have unopened bottles 3 Hitchcock, 6 Diamond, 4 Einsteins , and 3 Gandhi... a bunch more, also.

Anytime my wife dragged me to the mall I would hang out in the MB store and leave with ink.

Edited by Andrew-AMID

I think some of them have reached their limit now. There has been a Hitchcock for sale on ebay UK for ages and it hasn't sold. Not so long ago, it would have sold for the price it's listed at.

Is there much of a market or demand for Montblanc Racing Green anymore?

Edited by vieuxcarre

Kind regards,

vieuxcarre

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

------------------------------

Is there much of a market or demand for Montblanc Racing Green anymore?

There probably would be if it ever came up for sale, but it doesn't appear very often. :(

Although forum members know that Montblanc "dated" but out of date inks can still be used, there are many ebayers who wouldn't buy inks that are out of date, and Racing Green is one that is always out of date now.

It's unlikely that colour will degrade as much as yellows, oranges or reds though, so it's slightly safer to keep or buy.

I need to dig in my ink drawer - I might have some BRG and Gandhi that I haven't used in years...

Kind regards,

vieuxcarre

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

------------------------------

I need to dig in my ink drawer - I might have some BRG and Gandhi that I haven't used in years...

You have my attention.

I'd be happy to trade my new full bottle of Diamond that I don't use for your new bottle of Gandhi that you don't use :lol: .

Teaser:

post-81674-0-32817300-1521310428_thumb.jpg

Last few bottles I sold maybe 2 years ago were to a collector for $75 per new, boxed bottle. I am sure I could get more now, but $190 seems a bit steep. Then again, everyone seemed to dislike the Einstein ink when it was out and now sellers charges ridiculous prices (in my opinion). I assume the ink bought at these high prices will likely never leave the bottle.

I totally agree with you on the ridiculous prices.

I'm guilty of buying a couple of the older LE at those ridiculous prices because my boutique ran out of stock before I could get my bottle, but I'm only 3 or 4 bottles away from having them all.