Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• sansenri

• pomperopero

• dysmedia

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lovely pictures, lovely pens! :wub:

The first time I saw a photo of Momento Zero Blue Hawaii on instagram, I fell in love. And this pen tempts me all the time. I like also brown one, because I want brown, brownish pen right now... but blue and brown/beige... looks so interesting. Unfortunately brown vintage version is not available anymore.

But I am just wondering about the nib itself ... I would like to EF, possibly F. Does anyone of you have one, and could say something more? I do not like butter smoth nibs, I like Sailor's nib or Falcon SF. - little 'iridium' ball at the end of the nib... But not scratchy of course ;)

(And I remeber hating Delta's steel nib... generally they weren't bad, but not good for me, not what I like in the nib...)

Edited by Nikaa

I could not resist... As soon as Momento zero Hawaii Blue came to the Fontoplumo with ef nib I ordered it (this morning... seatting on a metro bench ;) ). And now I'm waiting, Leonardo on the way... :D

I could not resist as soon as HAwaii Blue came in with ef I ordered it. and now I am waiting, a pen on the way

Edited by Nikaa

25 hours and Hawaii Blue has arrived! WOW :yikes: (I can recommend Fontoplumo store and Frank, great service and contact!!!).

6JTaJIAl.jpg

FXlJvyrl.jpg

It is really nice, well done and great writing fountain pen. EF nib is great! Looks fantastic! But... yes, always is a little "but"... a bit too big (too thick) for me... I need time and I need to use it more to decided if this is a problem for me or not. But besides, it is truly beautiful.

O1o2iAel.jpg

ly3IZv9l.jpg

gM0VKjnl.jpg

Edited by Nikaa

Anyone else with a broad nib (gold or otherwise) notice that the pens requires a particularly high angle in order to write anything consistently, or at all?

Have a broad gold nib, and it really looks like it was ground specifically for someone wanting to write 90 degs or close to it.

Ink just doesn't run at 45 or 60 deg except on some papers and but that doesn't last long. It's a very finicky, temperamental nib. Any slight angling or deviation and it won't write.

Most odd.

Also, my nib's missing the "A" in LEONARDO. Making it a "LEON_RDO" nib.

Not impressed.

I had heard, and was thus hopeful, that the baby's bottom issue with the broader nibs was no longer a problem. Be that as it may, this high writing angle is not comfortable. I don't know who writes like this without say, a music nib or something. I hate hate hate international returns however, so I really don't know what I'm going to bother to do.

Micromesh comes to mind, but I bloody well shouldn't have to, you know?

Congratulations! I`m eagerly awaiting mine - in the same finish - hoping it will get here in time for the upcoming event involving a decorated tree... :)

25 hours and Hawaii Blue has arrived! WOW :yikes: (I can recommend Fontoplumo store and Frank, great service and contact!!!).

ly3IZv9l.jpg

Above all shadows rides the Sun
And Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
Nor bid the Stars farewell.

---

photography: andrejkutarna.net

Yes, 25 hours from Netherland to Poland... And before Christmas! :)

Also, my nib's missing the "A" in LEONARDO. Making it a "LEON_RDO" nib.

Not impressed.

I had heard, and was thus hopeful, that the baby's bottom issue with the broader nibs was no longer a problem. Be that as it may, this high writing angle is not comfortable. I don't know who writes like this without say, a music nib or something. I hate hate hate international returns however, so I really don't know what I'm going to bother to do.

Micromesh comes to mind, but I bloody well shouldn't have to, you know?

Oh my! Nib missing "A" and baby bottom :(

Maybe you can ask for replacement of the nib, only a nib? Ask drectly at Leonardo. You can also buy spare nib, but in this situation you need a replacement.

I have quite hight writing angle, but not 90!! and also not always. Nibs usually don't like this kind of angle, I know it and I don't even try.

But I understand your feelings.

Congratulations! I`m eagerly awaiting mine - in the same finish - hoping it will get here in time for the upcoming event involving a decorated tree... :)

Yes, this finish is stunning! But I want more brown on my! ;)

Which nib have you chosen?

Yes, this finish is stunning! But I want more brown on my! ;)

Which nib have you chosen?

Same as you did - an EF. I really wanted a stub nib, the samples I've seen were very nice, but I had to admit to myself that majority of my writing is reading notes done quickly in small script for which an EF is most suitable for me..

Above all shadows rides the Sun
And Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
Nor bid the Stars farewell.

---

photography: andrejkutarna.net

it is really a beautiful resin, the mix of colour is unusual and particularly inspiring

my B nib is great and my A in Leonardo is quite alright too...
fpn_1545342653__p1150415-3_leonardo_offi

Same as you did - an EF. I really wanted a stub nib, the samples I've seen were very nice, but I had to admit to myself that majority of my writing is reading notes done quickly in small script for which an EF is most suitable for me..

The same - my hwriting is quite small and Ef is perfect. But Leonardo's EF is juicy and looks almost like Fine, for example a little bit thicker of SF of Pilot Falcon.

Growing more and more curious about Leonardo pens. Has anyone tried the Momento Zero in Matte Black? I prefer stealth/all-black pens, but some of them have flaking troubles (see Pilot Vanishing Point)

• 1 month later...

Requesting your valuable opinions here.

Leonardo Officiana Momento Zero Deep Blue - Second hand at $100.

Yay or Nay?

Read the preceeding posts.

If you done so and can't decide the answer is no.

Those who like the pen will say yes. Those that don't will say no.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

Read the preceeding posts.

If you done so and can't decide the answer is no.

Those who like the pen will say yes. Those that don't will say no.

My question is from the price wise perspective of second hand items. Is that value regarded as a good deal or not?

(Assume the conditions to be standard usage resulting in micro scratches, no defects)

As for the performance, I am not worried since it is an EF. Has seen issues for the broader nib widths but no complaints so far for the finer widths.

Edited by penzel_washinkton

PM me the link. I'll buy it and let you know :rolleyes:

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.