• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Bo Bo Olson

• Astronymus

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

Hi Bill,

When I first saw the pic, my initial reaction was going to be, "I wouldn't use a cheap Chinese pen as an EDC." :lticaptd:

Be well and enjoy life. :)

- Anthony

I have met David Oscarson, and he makes nice pens, though not exactly my taste. I tend to find most of his designs rather flamboyant, and garish. Knowing him personally, I wonder if his upbringing contributes to his designs

Edited by Wolverine1

Nouveau riche taste?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

With such pens they usually stick one of those awful generic off the shelf German nibs in it, but it doesn't matter because the owner won't write with it anyway.

It will just go in the display cabinet alongside the Pelikans, Viscontis and Montblancs.

Edited by Bluey

I would have a Pilot Plumix in that display cabinet too. You need something beautiful and imaginative like the Plumix.

Something different from all the cigar shape variants.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Really, EDC...that's why you have a bonded secretary for...to carry and load...one only needs such when buying your basic 350 meter yacht, Lear Jet or a poor country.

Wait a bit, I bet you can get it used for half price. :P

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

With such pens they usually stick one of those awful generic off the shelf German nibs in it, but it doesn't matter because the owner won't write with it anyway.

It will just go in the display cabinet alongside the Pelikans, Viscontis and Montblancs.

My thoughts exactly.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Really, EDC...that's why you have a bonded secretary for...to carry and load...one only needs such when buying your basic 350 meter yacht, Lear Jet or a poor country.

Wait a bit, I bet you can get it used for half price. :P

What? You are that rich? Here, get the pen for free. And some extras.

Yeah, but the difference is that the Pelikans and (from what I"m told) the MB pens are *useable*. And someone I know LOVES her Viscontis....

That six figure monstrosity, OTOH. Not so much. (+ 1 to what Astron said, BTW....)

I think I could add up the price I've paid for ALL my pens, and inks, and the writing desk, and the two bookcases, and the journals I've filled up over the past two years, AND what my house and the two current cars cost and still maybe not even have it add up to half the cost of that pen....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My thoughts are similar to others printed here, without seeing tbe ebay information I would have picked it was a garish chinese pen. Don't get me wrong I own a number of chinese pens and really enjoy using most of them. It is just those over the top pens that are adorned with way too much embellishments the one in the OP resembles.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

Makes that Montgrapa pen with it's own wooden Temple I saw in a live auction, look like it's Chinese.

Of course you need that, so you can draw which way is up on.........

~$304.000.000.00 Interchange 95px-Photo_of_Interchanged_by_Willem_de_ Willem de Kooning

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.