Sheaffer Lifetime Photo Thread C. 1963-1964

PenHero

Hi, folks!

I decided to do a quick shot of a pen I use frequently, the Sheaffer Lifetime 2000.
http://penhero.com/Temp/SheafferLifetime2000_1280_01.jpg
Sheaffer introduced the Lifetime cartridge pen line in 1963 to mark the company's 50th anniversary and the line ran through 1964. Lifetime pens came with a lifetime guarantee certificate for the registered owner. The new line was composed of cartridge pen versions of many of the prior year Imperial pens. Sheaffer marked the pens Lifetime on the clip, 14 karat gold nib and in the plastic above the cap band. The Lifetime 2000 was the last hurrah of an Autograph type pen featuring a 14 karat gold cap band. The pen was available only in black plastic cap and barrel and sold for $20.00 with a matching pencil for $12.50.
I've found a surprising number of these pens at shows and antique shops at only a small premium above other Sheaffer Imperial type pens, making them somewhat of a bargain if you seek a pen with a 14 karat gold cap band.
Thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenHero

• mitto

• AL01

• jchch1950

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love these. I find them handsome. The cap design is one of the best they did (I like the geomotry of it, like the clip too) and this is the best looking of all the inlaid designs (over the 2 short ones and the pfm).

I have been on ebay looking for one of these. I dig them. A personal favorite.

Thanks for this.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

There are pens that are the same (cartridge pens) but without the lifetime inscription on the clip. Are those the Imperial IV cartridge version?

Khan M. Ilyas

• 2 weeks later...

ARGHHH! I remember seeing one in an antique shop! I could've scored dangit!

(BTW, ya gat yerself a mighty fine pen pen! Gotta love Sheaffas! :P )

Edited by AL01

You didn't. But someone may have scored it.:)

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

• 10 months later...

Hi, Folks!

As another compliment to the late Imperials photo thread, thought I would start one on the Lifetime models that are clearly modeled after the early 1960s Imperials.

This is a Sheaffer Lifetime 1500 c. 1963-1964. It's a 5 3/8 inches long cartridge fill fountain pen that follows the look of the previous Imperial VI and the larger Sheaffer PFM IV. The pen fills by unscrewing the section and dropping in a Sheaffer Skrip ink cartidge that is punctured when the section is then screwed back on. The White Dot is on the top of the gold filled bar clip, in this case a bit damaged, and the clip is stamped LIFETIME. The cap is polished stainless steel and the barrel is molded plastic in solid colors including Black, Blue, Green, Grey, and Burgundy. The cap has a gold plated cap band. The fine nib is stamped SHEAFFER LIFETIME 14K. The fountain pen was $15.00 and the matching pencil was $10.00.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/SheafferLifetime1500_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

8861373c241606d4.jpg

a022afc11ccfd77d.jpg

762d56fb3dc5e5e3.jpg

911f8bf8a15bfc8a.jpg

65766b0e69ce354b.png

Edited by mac.kozinsky

The fundamental substance is air. The soul is air; fire is rarefied air; when condensed, air becomes first water, then if further condensed, earth, and finally stone...

I have the same Imprial VI type C/C filled pen but without the LIFETIME imprint on the clip. Wonder what model/version that would be?

Khan M. Ilyas

I have the same Imprial VI type C/C filled pen but without the LIFETIME imprint on the clip. Wonder what model/version that would be?

Does the nib have LIFETIME on it?

• 8 months later...

Here is a threesome,

The fountain pen and pencil are hallmarked 14K on the cap band.

The ballpoint however not. I think it is gold filled.

Victor.

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Lifetime 1500 in black c. 1963-1964. It's a 5 3/8 inches long cartridge fill fountain pen that follows the look of the previous Imperial VI and the larger Sheaffer PFM IV with its highly polished stainless steel cap with gold filled trim. The pen fills by unscrewing the section and dropping in a Sheaffer Skrip ink cartridge that is punctured when the section is then screwed back on. The White Dot is on the top of the gold filled bar clip and the clip is stamped LIFETIME. The barrel is molded plastic in solid colors including Black, Blue, Green, Grey, and Burgundy. The nib is stamped SHEAFFER LIFETIME 14K. Just above the cap band is stamped SHEAFFER’S LIFETIME MADE IN U.S.A. The barrel lip is stamped SHEAFFER LIFETIME MADE IN U.S.A. inverted. The fountain pen was $15.00 and the matching pencil was $10.00.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/SheafferLifetime1500Black_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks, Jim!
As always great photos!

From this line I have so far only Sheaffer LIFETIME 1250. One of my most favorite pens
post-138052-0-59083600-1544076376_thumb.jpg

My best regards
Oleg (Loki.OS)

Thanks, Jim!

As always great photos!

From this line I have so far only Sheaffer LIFETIME 1250. One of my most favorite pens

attachicon.gif Sheaffer_Lifetime_1250--009.jpg

Nice! And thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Lifetime 1250 in burgundy c. 1963-1964. It's a 5 3/8 inches long cartridge fill fountain pen that follows the look of the previous Imperial IV and the larger Sheaffer PFM III with its plastic cap and barrel and gold filled trim. The pen fills by unscrewing the section and dropping in a Sheaffer Skrip ink cartridge that is punctured when the section is then screwed back on. The White Dot is on the top of the gold filled bar clip and the clip is stamped LIFETIME. The barrel is molded plastic in solid colors including Black, Blue, Green, Grey, and Burgundy. The nib is stamped SHEAFFER LIFETIME 14K. Just above the cap band is stamped SHEAFFER’S LIFETIME MADE IN U.S.A. The barrel lip is stamped SHEAFFER LIFETIME MADE IN U.S.A. inverted. The fountain pen was $12.50 and the matching pencil was $7.50.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/SheafferLifetimeBurgundy1250_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Lifetime 1250 in blue c. 1963-1964. It's a 5 3/8 inches long cartridge fill fountain pen that follows the look of the previous Imperial IV and the larger Sheaffer PFM III with its plastic cap and barrel and gold filled trim. The pen fills by unscrewing the section and dropping in a Sheaffer Skrip ink cartridge that is punctured when the section is then screwed back on. The White Dot is on the top of the gold filled bar clip and the clip is stamped LIFETIME. The barrel is molded plastic in solid colors including Black, Blue, Green, Grey, and Burgundy. The nib is stamped SHEAFFER LIFETIME 14K. Just above the cap band is stamped SHEAFFER’S LIFETIME MADE IN U.S.A. The barrel lip is stamped SHEAFFER LIFETIME MADE IN U.S.A. inverted. The fountain pen was $12.50 and the matching pencil was $7.50.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/SheafferLifetimeBlue1250_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Lifetime 1250 in black c. 1963-1964. It's a 5 3/8 inches long cartridge fill fountain pen that follows the look of the previous Imperial IV and the larger Sheaffer PFM III with its plastic cap and barrel and gold filled trim. The pen fills by unscrewing the section and dropping in a Sheaffer Skrip ink cartridge that is punctured when the section is then screwed back on. The White Dot is on the top of the gold filled bar clip and the clip is stamped LIFETIME. The barrel is molded plastic in solid colors including Black, Blue, Green, Grey, and Burgundy. The nib is stamped SHEAFFER LIFETIME 14K. Just above the cap band is stamped SHEAFFER’S LIFETIME MADE IN U.S.A. The barrel lip is stamped SHEAFFER LIFETIME MADE IN U.S.A. inverted. The fountain pen was $12.50 and the matching pencil was $7.50.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/SheafferLifetimeBlack1250_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!