The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Ink Oozing From Jaipur Piston-Filler

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 k3eax

k3eax

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 14:17

Below reads a copy of my postings on the Indian/Pakistani Sub-Continent forum to which no reader replied. And so, I thought that perhaps this sub-forum would be a better venue for the request of solutions.

I strongly suspect that too much air is entering either through the air/ink channel or, less likely, through a poor feed-to-section seal. I'm of the opinion that it is the air/ink channel.which is responsible.

And so if I were to start with the correcting the air/ink channel, how could I add a restriction to limit the flows?

I have two Jaipurs that ooze ink from the space between the feed and section., The friction-fit seems not to be an effective barrier to the passage of ink.. This ink eventually migrates onto the portion of the section that comes into contact with my fingers and ultimately into the cap. The resultant ink stained fingers makes these otherwise fine pens unusable. I would be very grateful for any suggestions on a cure!

Let me add that on reflection the presence of ink may also be the result of too much in entering the ink on to the feed. It's difficult say if the ink's origin is due to a poor friction fit of the the feed into the section or, as indicated above, the feed receiving too much ink.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|