The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi Eco

twsbi twsbi eco

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 flyingpenman

flyingpenman

We see in a mirror dimly...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:38

No stains and no cracking on my Eco.

Have fun if you decide to buy one! They are great pens for the price.

~AK
Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.
~C.S. Lewis
--------------
Current Rotation:
Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>
Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>

Sponsored Content

#22 Fuzzy_Bear

Fuzzy_Bear

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 00:55

My ECO, w/ 1.1 nib, is my current signature pen.  It is loaded with Dromgoole's Noodler's Texas Bluebonnet.  Yes, the barrel is stained.  But it is blue and I have no problems with that.  

The glory of the young is their strength; the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.

#23 smiffy20000

smiffy20000

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 16:36

My Eco also has a stained barrel.

One fill of Diamine Grape.

Attached Images

• P1020736.JPG

#24 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,059 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2018 - 22:55

Diamine Grape did the same to me. -- Now run through a cleaning ink (Noodler's Eel, Sailor Do You, Vintage Sheaffer) and it will be cleaned up fast.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#25 lamanorbu

lamanorbu

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2018 - 14:24

Same for me with Diamine Grape! I now enjoy my Eco with a pink barrel :D Just kidding, some enrgic washing with water did the trick. Shame on Grape for staining barrels, it's a gret ink under any other aspect (colour, shading, cheap paper performance, lubrication).

#26 tleek

tleek

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 18:54

Totally worth the price. The piston is really smooth and works really well. I really like the industrial design but thats preference. The plastic probably isnt the highest quality but its nocer than a preppy or the like. I think its resistance to staining would depend on the ink. Ive used mine with Noodlers black, Lamy Turquoise, Diamine Sherwood, and probably others without problems. I wont use Private Reaerve Tanzanite in demonstrators because it has a tendency to stain.

#27 slw1959

slw1959

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2018 - 00:19

I've had my Eco for about six months now, and it's a solid workhorse. I have used two Noodlers semi-bulletproof inks (Navy and Kiowa Pecan) and neither have stained it at all.  I did have a scuff and rust on the cap band and contacted TWSBI... they did say it was caused by my damage... but for $3 USD it was replaced.  Can't complain at all...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, twsbi eco

Sponsored Content

|