The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Another Of The Very Best Chinese Ebay Sellers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 WolvertonMountain

WolvertonMountain

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2018 - 21:23

On Feb 17, the last day of this year's 2018 Chinese New Year celebrations, I placed an order for some Wing Sung 3008 fountain pens with YC Guo, an eBay seller known as "jewelrymathematics" on eBay.

Although I have placed orders with jewelrymathematics a number of times in the past, his extremely quick shipping just gets better and better. My order for the 3008 pens was delivered to my USofA address on Feb 28, eight business days after order date. Amazing service, in my opinion.

I inked one 3008 with Waterman's Intense Blue and used it for a couple of days. The Fine nib in this pen seemed to write a very slightly wider line than my Fine nibbed TWSBI Mini inked with an R&K blue ink. I inked another  Fine nibbed TWSBI Mini with Waterman's Intense Blue and another Fine nibbed 3008 with the R&K blue. In each case, the Mini's wrote a very slightly finer line than the 3008 pens.

The Mini's also make a slight noise on the paper I was using for the comparisons (DG Office Standard Writing Tablet) while the 3008 pens were almost silent with their smooth-writing nibs.

The sheets of the DG Office paper take fountain pen ink very well, with a slight show-through from the back side. Of course, for those FPN members who also read TMLee's posts in the "Handmade Journals" thread, TMLee has advised of his magical solution to show-through...

Place a piece of black paper behind the paper and show-through all but disappears and that is exactly what happens with the DG paper.

Clifton

Sponsored Content

#2 bugsydog55

bugsydog55

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:47

Once again, nothing but good news about this seller.  I've ordered several times and been very impressed with his shipping times and the quality of his selection.  Been drawn to some of the less common NOS pens he has.   Just to browse in his website is fun.  

#3 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:15

Good seller but his store page is a MESS to browse.

#4 almoore

almoore

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 20:37

I've placed quite a few orders with him and service and shipping have always been excellent; if I want to order Chinese pens I always start here.

Al

#5 inkeverywhere

inkeverywhere

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2018 - 00:49

My go to store for Chinese fountain pens, never had a problem, got to mention his packaging I find it hard to believe anything could get damaged the pens are packed so well.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

#6 wasteland

wasteland

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:20

I'm glad I came across this thread. I was thinking of ordering from him, drawn by, among other things, the pictures he includes in his product descriptions of himself and his box-laden motor scooter.

#7 IndigoBOB

IndigoBOB

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:19

+1 on Jewelrymathematics.  I recieved a shipment of 616 pens from them very quickly and very well packaged.

A voice:  I'll write pages and pages, days upon days, to be able to breathe out a few lines,

I'll do whatever it takes to breathe out those few lines, where the breath breathes out on its own, in on its own,

To thine own...

...breath on its own.

#8 WolvertonMountain

WolvertonMountain

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2018 - 22:33

Good seller but his store page is a MESS to browse.

Fortunately, due to all the good people, and you're certainly one of those good people, Honeybadgers, who post in the FPN forums, I have no need to browse this seller's eBay site.

I always know what I want before going to the "jewelrymathematics" eBay site.

Clifton

#9 WolvertonMountain

WolvertonMountain

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2018 - 22:37

My go to store for Chinese fountain pens, never had a problem, got to mention his packaging I find it hard to believe anything could get damaged the pens are packed so well.
Greg

Ah, thank you, Greg; I forgot to mention YC Guo's packaging, which is about a 10-minute process to carefully unpack. I have found the best way for me to open these packages is to use a pen knife from my "Fancii 16-pc precision craft knife kit" I purchased from Amazon.

Clifton

#10 escribo

escribo

ManCaveCoffee

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:21

Wow, looking at some of his listings, I just don't see how it's done. For instance, 6 pens for $10, shipped. $1.66 a pop. Refillable as opposed to disposable, with converter(s?). May be just one converter for all, but still...

EDIT: That black Wing Sung 698 is looking pretty good with its soft-ish fine nib.

I may not have been much help, but I DID bump your thread up to the top.

Sponsored Content

|