The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Finding An Pelikan M150 Cap

pelikan cap restoration

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Martolod

Martolod

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2018 - 20:22

Hey all, I bought an M200, and was poking around what was left of my searches online. I found a barrel with working piston on eBay for an M150 ($35). Now I know the nibs can be found in loads of places probably for another $30. But, I didn't even think about the cap. Would it be difficult to find a cap for a Pelikan M150, or is it compatible with the caps for other Pelikans? Does it become financially unreasonable to get the 3 pieces separately? I thought it'd be a nice project to add to over time.

Edited by Martolod, 06 March 2018 - 20:24.

Sponsored Content

#2 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2018 - 21:17

They are not interchangeable. M150 is smaller.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#3 carlos.q

carlos.q

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2018 - 22:13

Check with martiniauctions.com
They have M150 caps as well as some M100 caps which I believe are the same size as the M150.

#4 Martolod

Martolod

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2018 - 22:44

Check with martiniauctions.com
They have M150 caps as well as some M100 caps which I believe are the same size as the M150.

Oh they do! Thanks, but then totalling the costs puts the price actually a chunk of change above just buying a full M150 on eBay.... Oh well, was a cute project to think of. Wish I lived in a place with enough fountain pens to find these things at flea markets~

#5 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:24

Youre best bet would be to get the whole pen in one shot rather than piece meal. Youll likely pay more tracking down the individual components.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#6 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2018 - 19:23

I've seen M150 caps on ebay, usually from Seitz-Kreuznach or missin-pen.de, but no M150 caps up atm.

They usually go for around $50+s/h so more economical to just buy a whole pen as others have pointed out.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, cap, restoration

Sponsored Content

|