Pindeider Honeycomb

TranquilTrout

There is no way to make this one a piston fill with a body full of holes.

There's always plastic wrap

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TranquilTrout

• amberleadavis

• Ghost Plane

• sub_bluesy

All I see is close-ups of faces. Does anyone have a picture of the pen?

The Goulet website has some up on their sales page. I'm sure other retailers do as well.

Edit: Didn't mean to post this reply twice

Edited by TranquilTrout

There's always plastic wrap

Something along the lines of the Visconti Watermark skeleton reservoir would have been a nice feature. Even if it wasn't a power filler. I'm still really curious if it's cast resin or 3d printed.

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

There is no way to make this one a piston fill with a body full of holes.

Ah, I didn't realize those were holes. From the picture I just assumed it was a design etched into the pen body.

Ah, I didn't realize those were holes. From the picture I just assumed it was a design etched into the pen body.

The videos talked about and showed they were actual holes. In any case it does not matter since I am not in the market right now for a $640 pen. If I wanted a Pineider I would go with Lapis or Malachite models for $398. They look nice but out of my budget right now.

I am actually with you that I like my demonstrator pens to be piston filled. I don't see much point in showing off a converter, other then being able to see the color of ink in the pen.

I'm still really curious if it's cast resin or 3d printed.

Almost certainly cast. 3d printing is great for one-of-a-kinds, but if you want to make 100 or even 10 of something, a cast product will be quicker and stronger.

Almost certainly cast. 3d printing is great for one-of-a-kinds, but if you want to make 100 or even 10 of something, a cast product will be quicker and stronger.

It's my understanding that casting is fine for resin because molds can be made cheaply, but casts for plastic are VERY expensive. I don't think you could cast this design in properly in plastic, though you could probably pull it off in resin since resin uses flexible molds.

As I understand it 3D printing with a light-cured resin is pretty much the same speed no matter how much of the print area you are using, so you could pack the print area with pen bodies and print as quickly as if you were printing a single pen. For a 600 dollar pen, I don't think the lack of economy of 3D printing is enough to rule it out as a realistic production method? Just guessing.

The Pineider pens look amazing! I would love to try one. And I would love to hear thoughts on the nibs.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

It's my understanding that casting is fine for resin because molds can be made cheaply, but casts for plastic are VERY expensive.

Then you missed something because resin is plastic, even "precious resin".

Acrylic casts pretty handily and relatively inexpensively, at that.

As I understand it 3D printing with a light-cured resin is pretty much the same speed no matter how much of the print area you are using, so you could pack the print area with pen bodies and print as quickly as if you were printing a single pen. For a 600 dollar pen, I don't think the lack of economy of 3D printing is enough to rule it out as a realistic production method? Just guessing.

There's other problems which which make 3d prints undesirable. STL/UV-cured 3d printing produces an intricately detailed product, it is true, but is weak, and prone to degrade in the sun. FDM 3d printing produces a stronger, chunkier product, but is still weak along one axis and requires a great deal of chemical polishing, hand-polishing, filling and painting to make presentable.

Then you missed something because resin is plastic, even "precious resin".

Well, I'm just quoting "common knowledge" from hobby miniatures, which is of course a specific niche so specific plastics and resins are probably used.

The Pineider pens look amazing! I would love to try one. And I would love to hear thoughts on the nibs.

I really do like all of the La Grande models (except for this one). I hope the nibs are as nice as the pens look.

I'm sure the Chinese manufacturers will find a way to copy it.

Should one come out that only costs $15 or less, I'll be all over it. I don't think I like it enough to ever pay more than $50 so $600+ is a bit out of my price range for this pen.

Edited by TranquilTrout