The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Great Service From Bob Nurin At Lamy Service Center

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gregamckinney

gregamckinney

he's just this guy, you know?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,121 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 15:02

i just wanted to let folks know about the fantastic experience I had working with Bob at the Lamy Service Center in Tucson, AZ for a nib exchange. 

I had a new Black Amber 2000 with an EF nib, and Bob/ Lamy exchanged it for an incredibly smooth BB.  The cost was only $18.50, which included the exchange and return shipping.  Bob was professional, friendly, and super fast.  Door-to-door-to-door was only about 1.5 weeks.  I live in CA, but still, that is really fast.

Thanks Bob!

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Sponsored Content

#2 welch

welch

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2018 - 16:08

i just wanted to let folks know about the fantastic experience I had working with Bob at the Lamy Service Center in Tucson, AZ for a nib exchange. 

I had a new Black Amber 2000 with an EF nib, and Bob/ Lamy exchanged it for an incredibly smooth BB.  The cost was only $18.50, which included the exchange and return shipping.  Bob was professional, friendly, and super fast.  Door-to-door-to-door was only about 1.5 weeks.  I live in CA, but still, that is really fast.

Thanks Bob!

greg

Bob is great. He patiently examined a bad section in my L2K, tried a fix, talked with me, and then replaced the section. Pen now works great. Bob Nurin is an unfair advantage the Lamy has over the competition.

Don't take any job that requires new clothes.

#3 Cabrito

Cabrito

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2018 - 18:30

This is good to know. I just posted Bob's contact info on the Nib forum, after getting it (which involved some searching) from Lamy. I'm about to send him my Lamy 2000 for a nib replacement. 

#4 marlinspike

marlinspike

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2018 - 18:37

But if your (coincidentally EF on a Black Amber) nib gets damaged it is $123.50 to replace it.

Edited by marlinspike, 19 March 2018 - 18:38.

Sponsored Content

|