What Am I Missing About Expensive Pens?

stephenfountain

"I can still draw a bow and shoot you from Really Far Away (™)" hand gesture....

That gesture is the symbol of the Mockingjay.

I think she's telling the guy that she's a Girl Scout.

Or ordering 3 chocolate malts.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSherbs

• Lloyd

• Bluey

• stephenfountain

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or a Girl Scout, who's really, really good with a bow 'n' arrow, who wants three milkshakes.

And they'd better not be banana.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Or a Girl Scout, who's really, really good with a bow 'n' arrow, who wants three milkshakes.

And they'd better not be banana.

Delivered via an abused equine of deceased status.

It's not dead, yet.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

I sometimes write with a Sharpie just like my buddy Mr. Ron Jeremy writes with when he's signing autographs for women at the AVN Awards in Las Vegas.

I thought that Ron had a bigger....marker.

Oscar Wilde

What am I missing about cheap pens?

Oscar Wilde

Cheap or inexpensive? Radically different concepts in my view. Cheap is qualitative, whereas expnsive/inexpensive is quantitative. An expensive pen can still be cheaply made.

NO, NO, NO!

Three boxes of Thin Mints.

To be delivered by a palamino pony.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

The opportunity to throw nasturtiums* at people who don't buy the cheap pens you think they should buy.

* or something like that

X

What Am I Missing About Expensive Pens?

fpn_1521775948__joy_and_contentment.jpg

Joy and Contentment!!!

Edited by max dog

Cheap or inexpensive? Radically different concepts in my view. Cheap is qualitative, whereas expnsive/inexpensive is quantitative. An expensive pen can still be cheaply made.

Expensive/inexpensive is qualitative. More than $500 or less than $50 is quantitative. Until a quantity is given, the subjective terms expensive and inexpensive are qualitative.

Edited by Lloyd

Oscar Wilde

I like Brian Goulet's take on this question.

What Does A $1,000 Pen Have To Offer Versus A $150 Pen Versus A $25 Pen?

Intangibles, intangibles, intangibles....what's it worth it to you?...how refined is your palette?....

Edited by max dog

I thought that Ron had a bigger....marker.

It depends which marker that you are talking about.

Bingo. And vice-versa.

Oh, I know this of myself

I assume as much for other people

We’ve listened more to life’s end gong

Than the sound of life’s sweet bells

I like Brian Goulet's take on this question.

What Does A $1,000 Pen Have To Offer Versus A $150 Pen Versus A $25 Pen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2fMkUnA2Uw

Intangibles, intangibles, intangibles....what's it worth it to you?...how refined is your palette?....

This! This is the video I was referring to in my other reply. Brian does a good job of summing it up in such a brief video. Hope the OP finds this useful. 😊

And guys, stop talking about milkshakes. You're making me want some and I don't have ice cream to make any right now 😅

NO, NO, NO!

Three boxes of Thin Mints.

To be delivered by a palamino pony.

FROZEN Thin Mints. Temperature is important.

FROZEN Thin Mints. Temperature is important.

Certainly...

But the real question is: Is it worth more to have them arrived in a green box with plastic wrapping, or in a gold box with a white rose from President Snow.....

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

@ Hinky and Max Dog:

Thanks! That Brian Goulet vid sums up the differences and expectations in six minutes. And at no point does he reference milkshakes or thin mints!

And at no point does he reference milkshakes or thin mints!

That's a shame. In that case:

ThinMint Milkshake Recipe

10 minPrep Time

15 minActive Cook/Bake Time

25 minTotal Time

Ingredients

• MILKSHAKE:
  • 8 Girl Scouts Thin Mint cookies (plus more for garnish and general nibbling)
  • 2.5 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 1 cup 1% milk
  • WHIPPING CREAM:
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar

Instructions

• Crumble cookies into a blender. Add vanilla ice cream, then milk.
  • Blend all ingredients well until fully blended.
  • In a stand mixer with a whip attachment, mix whipping cream and sugar on high for several minutes until stiff peaks form.
  • Pour milkshake mixture into cups. Top with whipped cream, and garnish with a Thin Mint Cookie. Makes two milkshakes.

Oscar Wilde