The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Inks For Sac Pens

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,323 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 20:50

No the world hasn't moved on.....I like shading inks, and find monotone inks boring.

I never had any problem cleaning out a sac pen....takes as long as doing a piston pen with no twist out nib.

But then again I grew up with them.

And most sac pens are standard or medium-large so do have better balance than most Large pens.

Out side the sac Snorkel a thin Large pen with great balance....posted.

One does have to know certain pens do have good balance; that because when they were sold balance was a key selling point. They have the balance because they are posted. :)

Such as I find the triple loading P-75 to have great balance, the P-51 to have very good  or better balance. The P-45 is sometimes I do, sometimes I don't....it's close....nice balance....at a minimum.  Esterbrook has a good but not great balance. I find the Vac to have better balance.

My top three balanced pens are a standard sized MB 234 1/2, a thin medium-large Geha 725 and a silver P-75. The P-51, 600 are good balanced, and I found after some two years of checking the medium-large 400nn had a tad bit better balance than a 400.

Oddly outside the P-75/45 none of my cartridge pens come to mind as having good to great balance.

I did buy my P-75 new....and tossed the box....long before converters....in fact I'd never looked underneath in the box, so was very shocked many decades later the P-75 also took a cartridge. :yikes:

I do have 60 + inks. Some are monotone....saturated, but I don't know if DA makes supersaturated inks or only saturated ones....to go with the DA shading inks.

Mostly I look for two toned shading inks.

Yep, I find supersaturated inks to be boring. I do have good paper too....that makes a key difference when not dealing with supersaturated monotone inks.

What is the true face of Alec Guinness?

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content