The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy 2000 Vs. Pelikan M200

lamy 2000 pelikan m200

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 jmnav

jmnav

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:23

Desert Island: ship has sunk. I only rescued one pen. No idea when I'll get Wifi back to order another one.

I'd have to say M205. For personal reasons, partly: my first love was an M100 in the 80s which travelled everywhere with me. I also think it's a fun pen - more fun than the 2000. I'm currently using the M205 demo and it feels like a Mazda Miata, small, sporty, close to the page. Absolutely uncomplicated and the steel nib, while not luxe, is as good as everybody says it is - springy, versatile, game.

My tale is very similar to yours, including the "first experience" with the model being an M100 (early ninties, in my case).

Main difference would be that, given the choice, I'd get an M215 instead of M200 model (I feel the extra weight, albeit minimal, makes for quite a different experience), and then, with a 1951-54 "plain" gold nib instead of the model's steel one (well, in fact, I have inked just such combination right now).

But if I couldn't get the old gold nib, my second choice would be the steel nib in preference over the M400 gold one.

Sponsored Content

#102 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2019 - 00:11

My tale is very similar to yours, including the "first experience" with the model being an M100 (early ninties, in my case).

I stand corrected - actually 1989 in my case, just before moving to New York.
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy 2000, pelikan m200

Sponsored Content

|