|***** The FPN Admin Team *****|
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 03 March 2018 - 18:16
I like Onotos and Vacumatics. I think the attraction is that they are so very well made.
My secret enthusiasm is for Onoto K1s. Yes, they are a 51 knock off, but if you are going to knock off a 51, crossing it with a Pelikan is a good way to go! De La Rue did a wonderful job of coming up with a really, really, reliable fountain pen, and then, seeing the ball point coming, got out of the pen business and went back to printing money, which is what they do best!
Posted 03 March 2018 - 19:02
Hello and welcome to FPN.
Posted 04 March 2018 - 00:00
The main thing that I notice, after a few years away, is how prices have changed. And the second thing is that people know much more.
Looking back, I was treating a lot of lesser pens as useful learning material! There was only one book, which everyone called The Book! I was spending a lot of time buying Swans, Conway Stewarts, Mentmores, Croxleys, and suchlike, getting them going, and selling them again, in order to progress slowly into Vacs and Onotos, which appealed much more to me. Mind you, I have to say that the Croxleys that passed through my hands struck me as pretty solid pens.
The pens I wish I hadnt sold were a little black lockdown Vac and an oversize green lockdown Vac. But I am very glad I kept the Onoto 6235 and the Onoto 3000.
Edited by Methersgate, 04 March 2018 - 20:47.
Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:36
Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.
Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:20
Hello and welcome back to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.
To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!
- Winston Churchill
Posted 06 March 2018 - 17:06
I look forward to reading your experiences.
Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !