Visconti Wallstreet Yes Or No

Waltz For Zizi

Hello, I hve found a nice visconti wall street the limited edition one, new, for sale for about 265$. I was tempted at first to buy it, but then I begat reading reviews and it does seems to have a lot of flaws. And I am not so sure now. My other 2 viscontis also made me problems, and my one montegrappa also. Is seems italian pens have very low QC in my experience, while german and japanese are the best.

Would you buy it for this price? Is the double reservoire power filler as reliable as a pelikan piston filer, for exemple?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Waltz For Zizi

• whichwatch

• Bluey

Top Posters In This Topic

While QC on Italian pens can be spotty, I have had good luck with all but one of my Viscontis. My Wall Street LE is terrific.

The price you mentioned is excellent. If you don't buy it, I'd be interested!

The price is very good, especially if actually new. If the pen has the older 18K nibs you are less likely to have nib issues the main issue I had with the Wall Street pen was the facets sometimes did not line up. If they did on that pen I would likely buy it.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hello, I hve found a nice visconti wall street the limited edition one, new, for sale for about 265$. I was tempted at first to buy it, but then I begat reading reviews and it does seems to have a lot of flaws. And I am not so sure now. My other 2 viscontis also made me problems, and my one montegrappa also. Is seems italian pens have very low QC in my experience, while german and japanese are the best.

Would you buy it for this price? Is the double reservoire power filler as reliable as a pelikan piston filer, for exemple?

It's mostly the German nib that is responsible for most of the QC issues you will read about and hear, although the rest of the pen is not without it's flaws. Montegrappas have German nibs too.

The best QC you will tend to find on Japanese pens, although none are flawless.

Edited by Bluey

While QC on Italian pens can be spotty, I have had good luck with all but one of my Viscontis. My Wall Street LE is terrific.

The price you mentioned is excellent. If you don't buy it, I'd be interested!

The price is very good, especially if actually new. If the pen has the older 18K nibs you are less likely to have nib issues the main issue I had with the Wall Street pen was the facets sometimes did not line up. If they did on that pen I would likely buy it.

I just went and bought it, and let me tell you the nib is one of the best nibs I have ever used. Definately in top 2. Can't decide between this and my lamy dialog 3. It is the paladium one in M nib, but it is like a Pilot 74 medium, and the flow is just perfect.

Mine is gray, and it's true, the facets are slightly misaligned, but barely, only if you inspect it very closely.

Now I hope the filling mechanism will be reliable in the long run.

I have two last questions if you guys know.

1. Are the accents on this pen silver, because it tarnished, unlike the clip which looks brand new?

2. Is celluloid supposed to be more resistent than the average resin?

Boy I'm so happy with this pen... I have to write so more now...

Edited by Waltz For Zizi

I just went and bought it, and let me tell you the nib is one of the best nibs I have ever used. Definately in top 2. Can't decide between this and my lamy dialog 3. It is the paladium one in M nib, but it is like a Pilot 74 medium, and the flow is just perfect.

Mine is gray, and it's true, the facets are slightly misaligned, but barely, only if you inspect it very closely.

Now I hope the filling mechanism will be reliable in the long run.

I have two last questions if you guys know.

1. Are the accents on this pen silver, because it tarnished, unlike the clip which looks brand new?

2. Is celluloid supposed to be more resistent than the average resin?

Boy I'm so happy with this pen... I have to write so more now...

That was an incredible price. I have the same pen and had a similar opinion about the nib, perfectly smooth and wet. That is until the pen cap came unscrewed while attached to my shirt, dropping the pen to the pavement. The nib was repaired and works well but not quite as magically as before the fall.

My facets don't easily line up, but I can get them aligned depending on how much I tighten things (the cap needs a little extra torque, the blind cap a little less torque).

I don't remember if the metal is silver but it looks like it (mine has a little tarnish too).

And about the durability of the celluloid, going back to the pen hitting the pavement… I'm 6'7", so the pen had a ways to fall. I think it landed on it's end and there's a slight scratch on the blind cap but no other discernible damage to the celluloid.

I actually inked it up last week for the first time in months and it's still a great pen despite my inability to protect it.

I have not had one of the versions with the Pd nibs, but the older ones had silver fittigs. The clip is rhodium plated (or some such) so will stay shiny.

The material felt robust to me. I have one pen still made from it and it has picked up a nick or two, but nothing bad. Never dropped one so I cannot comment there. The power filler should be fine, but don't store ink in the pen for a long time as I have found it is east to stain the ink window in the pens.

Good buy. Grey is the one color I have not had. Enjoy it!

I have not had one of the versions with the Pd nibs, but the older ones had silver fittigs. The clip is rhodium plated (or some such) so will stay shiny.

The material felt robust to me. I have one pen still made from it and it has picked up a nick or two, but nothing bad. Never dropped one so I cannot comment there. The power filler should be fine, but don't store ink in the pen for a long time as I have found it is east to stain the ink window in the pens.

Good buy. Grey is the one color I have not had. Enjoy it!

Thank you! Have you had the pleasure of the blue one? I have seen some pictures of it but it seems to be very rare as I have not seen it selling anywhere.

My Wall Street LE is the red. The trim ring is silver. It had never been used and the trim was almost black when I got it (normal for silver), but a small amount of polishing with a jewelry cloth and it looks great.

The filling system is actually fairly simple and you should not have to worry about it.

Thank you! Have you had the pleasure of the blue one? I have seen some pictures of it but it seems to be very rare as I have not seen it selling anywhere.

I have had the following pens with this celluloid: two blue Wall Street LE, one green Wall Street LE, one green regular Wall Street (convertor fill), a Manhathan in red (precursor to Wall Street, smaller and a little more art deco), and a Visconti for Rebecca Moss LE in green (a rounded pen with the older style clip.

Like the material, but seem to sell them off every once in a while. Only the Rebecca Moss pen is left I my collection and it may go up for sale soon. That said, I would have probably bought the pen for what you paid so do enjoy it. They are robust once the nib is sorted.

Now you know why so many of us sit cackling in a corner playing with our Viscontis. They write like a dream. Well bagged!

At that price I would buy one all day. I rebuilt an LE from scratch and learned a lot about the pen in the process. The 14kt nib is excellent. Mine has no issues other than the standard difficulty cleaning the power filler. Actually Im a little jealous your able to get one so cheap lol. Buy it! If you have questions feel free to ask. There was not one surface on my pen I didnt have to touch in some capacity.

Edited by sub_bluesy

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

• 1 year later...

My thoughts exactly :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time