The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Vanishing Point Feed: Removable?

vanishing point feed pilot

2 replies to this topic

#1 MythicalUnicorn

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:56

Does anyone know if the vanishing point feed can be removed from the metal unit?  I like to tweak feeds by deepening the ink channel, and I can't tell whether the channel ends at the transition to the metal collar, or continues under it.  If I go to the trouble of deepening the part of the channel that is exposed when I take the nib off, I wouldn't imagine that doing that will have any effect on increasing ink flow if the part of the channel under the collar hasn't been deepened as well. 

Also, I usually shove a razor blade down the slit at the same time, and the combination of those two tweaks seems to increase flow nicely. Anyone out there have an opinion on whether the tweak to the feed channel is not really doing anything and just the tweak to the tines is what gets me the result?

Sponsored Content

#2 Inkling13

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:15

I have no idea why you do that to your pens. I pray i will never buy a used pen that has been through your treatments, as it sounds like a snuff film. And no, the VP nibs are not separatable fron their units AFAIK.

#3 minddance

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:31

I find ink channels to be not a problem, instead, I look at, and work on air channels. Air exchange is usually not fast enough.

Reply to this topic

Sponsored Content