Parker Duofold Centennial Cap

gmathio

I have a very beautiful Parker Duofold Centennial in Lapis Lazuli, but unfortunately it has a cracked cap. Indeed is the second one that cracked, but the first time Parker could find and send me a replacement cap. This one broke too and now Parker says they don't have them anymore. The cap has broken where the arrow touches the barel, as you can see in the photos. Any ideas, where I could possibly find one ?

20180228_184439.jpg

20180228_184517.jpg

Edited by gmathio

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gmathio

• pensaro

• Chrissy

• FarmBoy

Have you tried the PenParts Store in the USA. I bought an International lapis part Cap (no rim) from them in 2017

Thanks for your answer ! I just looked at their site but they only have an International cap, not centennial and it's not complete...the lower part with the golden rings is missing

Thanks for your answer ! I just looked at their site but they only have an International cap, not centennial and it's not complete...the lower part with the golden rings is missing

The cap is made from individual pieces glued together. You may only need the top sleeve.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

My first cap broke where the arrow touches the cap, as you can see in my photos. It is glued by me and still use it, because I cannot leave the pen uncapped. So, I don't think I only need the top sleeve. The second one broke exactly over the golden stipes, so maybe, if I cannot find a new cap, I'll have to look for just a part and glue them. But I'm looking for a new (or used) whole cap.

I would carefully glue it back together with a good two-part epoxy. That would at least make it so that the pen could be used without it drying out.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of the incomplete caps for the International without the end piece and rings. In then found the parts - 2 rings and a clear screw-on Cap end - on another site in the US. It is not as perfect as the Centennial Cap received from Newall Rubbermaid, which was brand new & complete, but adequate for use and fits perfectly.

I would carefully glue it back together with a good two-part epoxy. That would at least make it so that the pen could be used without it drying out.

1. Can you suggest a product youve used

2. Does the product dry up soon after it has been opened (like loctite)?

3. Is it an alternative for loctite or do they perform doffrrrnt functions?

Thanks!

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link