The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Do You Know How To Remove The Nib From A Zebra V-301 Fountain Pen ?

zebra v-301 fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jobodine

jobodine

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 19:04

I  had this Zebra V-301 Fountain pen for a while.  This morning, it started to skip on me . I want to remove the nib and clean the feed but not sure how to go about it .   Please help .  Thanks.

246.jpg

5389499526_899f834ba5.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Zookie

Zookie

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 19:54

I've had a couple of these over the years, and the only way I could get them to stop skipping was to shorten the feed. For some odd reason, it has an VERY long felt feed. It's possible to shorten it by cutting. That's always helped. 

The nib and feed pull right out. 

Not bad pens when you get them adjusted correctly.

#3 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,725 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 21:48

Is there ink in the cart? If there isn't, just refill with the ink of your choice. It'll start writing again.

#4 Inkling13

Inkling13

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 22:37

Is there ink in the cart? If there isn't, just refill with the ink of your choice. It'll start writing again.

Duh. Really I suppose that needed explanation.
For the OP, the wick feed can sometimes get gummed up with increasingly concentrated ink, even to the point of nonfunction. Cutting the wick just removes that clogged portion of the wick.

#5 jobodine

jobodine

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 23:57

The nib and feed pull right out. 

I could not pull the nib & feed out at all ! It was too tight . I am reluctant to use a plier + rubber tube  !!  Any other trick ? Thanks. 

#6 jekostas

jekostas

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:44

The bit of shiny plastic right at the end by the nib is a retaining ring.  If you pop that off you can pull out the nib and feed.  However, it's easier to pull the feed out from inside pen, inside the cartridge post.  A pair of needlenose pliers or tweezers should give you enough grip to pull it out, if not, you can use a pin.

#7 jobodine

jobodine

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:21

The bit of shiny plastic right at the end by the nib is a retaining ring.  If you pop that off you can pull out the nib and feed.  However, it's easier to pull the feed out from inside pen, inside the cartridge post.  A pair of needlenose pliers or tweezers should give you enough grip to pull it out, if not, you can use a pin.

I finally pulled the feed + nib out using a piece of rubber membrane and a plier after running hot tap water  on the grip section for 30 seconds ! The feed is indeed longer and bigger  than most feeds I have seen ( i.e. 7.5 mm in diameter !)  . Thanks everyone for your tips & comments .

Edited by jobodine, 28 February 2018 - 05:23.

Sponsored Content

|