Sheaffer Balance Ii Photo Thread

PenHero

Hi, Folks,

Thought I would also start a thread on the modern cartridge / converter Sheaffer Balance II pens that were made c. 1997-2000. I don't have all of them, so we can share and come up with a complete portfolio!

This is a Sheaffer Balance II Tiger Eye model 879 sold as a Levenger special edition c. 2000. Its about 5 3/4 inches long and sold for $175.00. It's a cartridge / converter pen. It has the Sheaffer White Dot on the cap, SHEAFFER'S stamped on the gold plated clip, and two gold plated cap bands. The trim is all gold electroplate. The 18 karat gold medium nib is a replica of the Sheaffer Feathertouch nibs of the 1930s. Matching ballpoint and rollerball pens were also made.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/BalanceTigersEyeFP_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenHero

• Ron Z

• paddrino

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Balance II Millenium model 891 sold in special packaging with a clock/pen holder and a bottle of ink c. 1999. Its about 5 3/4 inches long and sold pen only for $175.00. It's a cartridge / converter pen. It has the Sheaffer White Dot on the cap, SHEAFFER'S stamped on the gold plated clip, and a single gold plated cap band stamped MILLENIUM. The trim is all gold electroplate. The 18 karat gold broad nib is a replica of the Sheaffer Feathertouch nibs of the 1930s. The nib shows unexpected loss to the palladium plating. Matching ballpoint and rollerball pens were also made.

http://penhero.com/Temp/BalanceMilleniumFP_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Balance II Black model 873 c. 1998. Its about 5 3/4 inches long and sold for $99.00. It's a cartridge / converter pen. It has the Sheaffer White Dot on the cap, SHEAFFER'S stamped on the gold plated clip, and a single gold plated cap band. The trim is all gold electroplate. The 14 karat gold medium nib is a replica of the Sheaffer Lifetime nibs of the 1930s. Matching ballpoint and rollerball pens were also made.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/BalanceBlackFP_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Balance II Aspen Special Edition model 878 c. 1999. Its about 5 3/4 inches long and the pen alone sold for $175.00. It's a cartridge / converter pen. It was sold in a special large package with a bottle of ink. It has the Sheaffer White Dot on the cap, SHEAFFER'S stamped on the gold plated clip, and two gold plated cap bands. The trim is all gold electroplate. The 18 karat gold medium nib is a replica of the Sheaffer Feathertouch nibs of the 1930s. Matching ballpoint and rollerball pens were also made.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/BalanceAspenFP_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Balance II Cobalt Glow model 877 c. 1998. Its about 5 3/4 inches long and sold for $175.00. It's a cartridge / converter pen. It was sold in the Sheaffer Red leatherette box with special Balance graphics and user guide. It has the Sheaffer White Dot on the cap, SHEAFFER'S stamped on the gold plated clip, and two gold plated cap bands. The trim is all gold electroplate. The 18 karat gold broad nib is a replica of the Sheaffer Feathertouch nibs of the 1930s. Matching ballpoint and rollerball pens were also made.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/BalanceCobaltGlowFP_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by PenHero
Corrected nib type

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Balance II Amber Glow model 876 c. 1998. Its about 5 3/4 inches long and sold for $175.00. It's a cartridge / converter pen. It was sold in the Sheaffer Red leatherette box with special Balance graphics and user guide. It has the Sheaffer White Dot on the cap, SHEAFFER'S stamped on the gold plated clip, and two gold plated cap bands. The trim is all gold electroplate. The 18 karat gold medium nib is a replica of the Sheaffer Feathertouch nibs of the 1930s. Matching ballpoint and rollerball pens were also made.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/BalanceAmberGlowFP_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Balance II Jade Green model 874 c. 1998. Its about 5 3/4 inches long and sold for $175.00. It's a cartridge / converter pen. It was sold in the Sheaffer Red leatherette box with special Balance graphics and user guide. It has the Sheaffer White Dot on the cap, SHEAFFER'S stamped on the gold plated clip, and two gold plated cap bands. The trim is all gold electroplate. The 18 karat gold medium nib is a replica of the Sheaffer Feathertouch nibs of the 1930s. Matching ballpoint and rollerball pens were also made.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/BalanceJadeFP_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Sheaffer Balance II Crimson Glow model 875 c. 1998. Its about 5 3/4 inches long and sold for $175.00. It's a cartridge / converter pen. It was sold in the Sheaffer Red leatherette box with special Balance graphics and user guide. It has the Sheaffer White Dot on the cap, SHEAFFER'S stamped on the gold plated clip, and two gold plated cap bands. The trim is all gold electroplate. The 18 karat gold medium nib is a replica of the Sheaffer Feathertouch nibs of the 1930s. Matching ballpoint and rollerball pens were also made.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/BalanceCrimsonGlowFP_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by PenHero
Corrected model number

I had 3 Aspens. Lovely pen. The cap cracked on every one, just sitting in storage. I still have the black one though. I like the curved sections, and like those in my personal fantasy Connaisseurs.

Why Sheaffer put the Lifetime nib on the solid color pens, and the "Feather touch" nib on the more expensive pen is beyond me.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Man these are some wonderful photos ! Bravo !

I bought the Jade at the Colorado pen show a few months ago. I am deadly aware of the cap cracking issue, but damn it.... the damn thing is just too beautiful to pass up. I walked by the table it was at 3 times before I said... screw it... Keeping my fingers crossed.