The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Fountain Pen Ink In Copic Markers?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Inkling13

Inkling13

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:21

I wanted to make a Noodler's Blue Ghost marker, since I have read that Blue Ghost is hard to completely clean from a pen (not that you can see it normally though). Has anyone done this? I've gathered the supplies, an empty Copic marker, and Noodler's Blue Ghost. I did read online somewhere that mentions that you can put water-based ink into these markers, although Copics are meant for alcohol-based ink. I can't find any references to others who have done this, and I am afraid of spending all this time and effort to find it doesn't work. 

Sponsored Content

#2 Corona688

Corona688

Inkfingered Crackpot

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2018 - 22:56

Haven't tried it myself but water ought to be compatible with a wick. I doubt it will clog or explode. It might drip, since water doesn't evaporate as fast as alcohol, or misbehave in some subtle flow-related way since alcohol is thinner. If you're worried you could try thinning it with methanol/ethanol/isopropanol.

Edited by Corona688, 28 February 2018 - 22:58.

#3 Inkling13

Inkling13

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2018 - 23:57

It works! Works perfectly. If you want to use an ink without risking a pen or just st don’t want to bother with a FP, it works, and it even comes as a double tipped marker, refillable and retippable. I would show pics, but as I used it to log all my updated passwords, I don’t want to blow my cover.

#4 Inkling13

Inkling13

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2018 - 19:59

One tip, write with the Copic first. If write with plain ink first, any residual ink can be carried by the marker, leaving suspicious streaks.

#5 SoulSamurai

SoulSamurai

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:46

You should also be able to use a Preppy marker, though you would need to add silicon grease and/or an o-ring.

Sponsored Content

|