The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Pelikan 100N - Seal Replacement Needed?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WJM

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2018 - 18:06

So I got a Pelikan 100N. 

Unfortunately, the piston is leaky. I tested it with water and very quickly I noticed that the water got behind the piston seal. Also, the piston mechanism doesn't seem to make a tinest resitance when I use it which is kind of suprising. 

I suppose the seal isn't good? Or something's missing? I'm not really sure how it should look like or what to do with that.

If seal replacement is needed where could I get a matching part and how to install it?

Also, there was this sort of a thin o-ring on the mechanism - it was loosely dangling on it (visible on the second picture). I don't know what it is but it's broken. 

Edited by WJM, 26 February 2018 - 18:17.

Sponsored Content

#2 penjog

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2018 - 15:21

try to contact Pelikan, Germany, sometimes Mr. Dittmer offers to repair it, if there are retails in the archive.

Otherwise you can purchase an other one, asking if it is ok. They are not seldom in Germany.

#3 siamackz

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2018 - 16:42

Check out the bottom of this page https://vintagepens....acs_seals.shtml

#4 eckiethump

Jack's the lad

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:07

Check out the bottom of this page https://vintagepens....acs_seals.shtml

Seconded, since you are adept enough, to get the piston out, changing the seal should not pose a problem
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

Sponsored Content