The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Clown Poop Redux And A Couple New Pens

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jj9ball

jj9ball

Extremely Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2018 - 22:21

I think the clown poop pen musta been the best pen I ever made.  I just completed a special order for someone wanting a modified copy of the original.  I did also get some time in the shop to make a couple of other new pens.  Here they are.  The first is a clipless one in Torrid Turquoise Alumilite.  This one is short and chubby and perfect for the pocket.  It has a 13mm section and is only around 5 1/8" long uncapped.  The second pen is a made from Neptune's Trident Alumilite.  If I'm being honest this one seemed like it was going to be much more showy when I was making it in my mind.  The final product is much more subtle and understated.  It is a larger pen with 15 X 1mm threads for the cap to body connection and has a 14mm section.  I would love to hear what everyone thinks both good and bad.  All of the pens as well as a few others can be found here www.jandjwooddesigns.net .  And if anyone is interested in some Noodler's, Diamine, J Herbin, or Private Reserve Ink or any Rhodia Paper, I am having a sale here www.jandjwooddesigns.com

Attached Images

• IMG_0199.JPG
  • IMG_0202.JPG
  • IMG_0204.JPG
  • IMG_0205.JPG
  • IMG_0207.JPG

Let me make you a deal on ink!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.com

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Sponsored Content

#2 WolvertonMountain

WolvertonMountain

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:00

I think the clown poop pen musta been the best pen I ever made.  I just completed a special order for someone wanting a modified copy of the original.

Hi JJ...

A suggestion, if you don't mind :

If you compare the photos of the first CP pen with this current redux CP pen, please note the colors, other than black, do not 'pop' like they do in the first CP pen's photos. If you look closely, there was more light on the first pen's photos and not as much light on the redux pen's photos.

My suggestion :

There is a lamp I purchased a couple of years ago from Amazon which has, in the top arm, three sets of LED lamps. The inside set are yellow LED's and the two outside sets are white LED's. There is the capability to vary the current settings in four modes, reading and study with the white LED's being brighter, and relax and sleep settings where yellow LED's are the major, dimmer light source.

The LEDs are in long rows and pens are long, a perfect match for photographing your pens.

Here is the Amazon listing description:

Sold by: PINKYS     Current price: $23.99     In Stock

That price is significantly less than what I paid for five of those pens a couple of years ago.

Cliffy

#3 WolvertonMountain

WolvertonMountain

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:21

I did also get some time in the shop to make a couple of other new pens.  Here they are.  ........ The second pen is a made from Neptune's Trident Alumilite.  If I'm being honest this one seemed like it was going to be much more showy when I was making it in my mind.  The final product is much more subtle and understated.

JJ...

I think you have been mislead if you purchased a pen blank labeled "Neptune's Trident Alumilite" for that second pen.

I sent an email to your Hotmail account in October telling you I wanted you to make a pen for me. I have yet to follow up because I CHOSE "Lava Explosion Blank #17 - Neptune's Trident in Lava Explosion Blanks" for the pen I wanted you to make. That particular pen blank has not been available since I found it back in October, from either Exotic Blanks or Bear Tooth Woods. I search those two websites once every two weeks just to look at their pen blanks.

If you open the Exotic Blanks website and place "neptunes trident" in the search box and click on the little, right-facing triangle, you will be able to see a photo of this pen blank. In that photo, which is the same as the one in the Bear Tooth Woods website, you  WILL  NOT  SEE  ONE  SINGLE  SPECK  OF  BLACK  in the REAL Lava Explosion Blank #17 - Neptune's Trident.

Perhaps there is another pen blank maker using this same name but I have not found that to be the case in any of the myriad online searches I have performed.

Cliffy

Sponsored Content

|