Two Sterling Italians Meet A Brit

whichwatch

Does anyone else like sterling silver pens? I have kind of developed a thing for them. Left to Right are a Visconti Rinamiscento, Aurora 80th Anniversary, and a recently arrived Yard o Led Grand Victorian.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B1C587517-06F7-487D-83B1-203D09830233%7D/origpict/1.png

I prefer to let mine develop a bit of patina. Not perfectly shiny, but not black. Just in the middle.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B0F516FDB-A0CD-45BA-BCCC-FBCFB47D6EB7%7D/origpict/2.png

My wife has a collection of antique silver teapots whose patterns seem to match the Yard o Led quite well, though you can't tell from this picture due to the size difference.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B635317AB-76F1-410F-8249-541AFD1C0E30%7D/origpict/3.png

I've seen my wife eyeing my new Yard o Led. Fortunately it is too large for her, and she doesn't like fountain pens since she is left handed. I haven't told her Yard o Led makes pens in smaller sizes or about fast drying inks that are great for lefties.

Does anyone else like sterling silver pens? I'd love to see your pictures!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whichwatch

• displacermoose

• SpecTP

• JayKay3000

Top Posters In This Topic

My first fountain pen (back when I was far too young to be running around with something like it) was a Sheaffer Imperial with a sterling silver body; a gift from my father that he had been given as an academic achievement award when he graduated med school. I'm afraid I can't take a photo right now as I'm not currently using the pen, but I do love it.

Silver pens write straighter cos the metal is purer right?

I've seen my wife eyeing my new Yard o Led. Fortunately it is too large for her, and she doesn't like fountain pens since she is left handed. I haven't told her Yard o Led makes pens in smaller sizes or about fast drying inks that are great for lefties.

Sounds like it would make a nice surprise gift on your next wedding aniversary. Edited by SoulSamurai

Sterling pens are mostly not in my budget. But my grail pen (aka, the "when I win the lottery" pen) is a YoL Viceroy Victorian (probably a Standard, because I don't want a pen that doesn't take a converter like the Pocket sized one). I've wanted one since I first found my way here: there was a thread called something like "Show us your silver pens" and Pakman put of photos of his VV Grande. I don't think I've ever seen a pen as beautiful as that before or since. I also would someday like to get my hands on a Morrison sterling overlay pen in the same filigree pattern to match the 2 gold-filled overlay Morrison ringtops I have.

I do have one sterling overlay Morrison ringtop (with a chased pattern), but I would love to get one of the filigree ones in sterling.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hello,

I really love sterling silver pens and have a few, here is my latest sterling silver pen that I bought recently, its a Montegrappa America's Cup 2003 limited edition.

MAC1.jpg

MAC2.jpg

Best regards.

Edited by northstar

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Very nice pens!

But c'mon. I'm a southpaw and have no problems using fountain pens! Even ones that have been used by righties for years work just fine.

I don't have any silver pens yet; the closest is a couple of stainless steel flighters, which aren't really the same thing at all. When I have tons of money (hahahah!) I'm going to get a Pilot Sterling in the Sea Turtle design. I find them unbelievably beautiful.

Yet another Sarah.

I have a handful of old silver ringtops: Wahl, Waterman and Mabie Todd. A Shaeffer somewhere. They work well with my earrings.

Wow! Thats impressive! And I speak about the coincidence: Ive been looking for a sterling pen and I doubted between the Yard-o-led Grand Victorian and the Aurora 80th Anniversary. Finally Ive just decided to buy the Aurora, which Ill received in two months. Its my gift for my 50th anniversary...

But its amazing to see both pens in your collection!

Edited by rogerico

Roger

Wow! Thats impressive! And I speak about the coincidence: Ive been looking for a sterling pen and I doubted between the Yard-o-led Grand Victorian and the Aurora 80th Anniversary. Finally Ive just decided to buy the Aurora, which Ill received in two months. Its my gift for my 50th anniversary...

But its amazing to see both pens in your collection!

You will love it! The Aurora is actually my favorite of my three.