The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help: Trying To Figure Out This Pens Actual Name

pen fountain pen brand help information 14kt nib antique eyedropper

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AFountainPen34

AFountainPen34

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2018 - 20:56

Can anyone help me I'm trying to figure out this pens brand and name. I found one similar on ebay but it just says "Mother of Pearl" but doesn't give me an actual brand or name. The nib is marked "WARRANTED 14K". Can anyone help?

Attached Images

• 1519332647815846234172.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Roger W.

Roger W.

Irish Wolfhound

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:03

This looks like a typical no name pen of the period.  Warranted nib is nice but, you're not likely to get any more information on this pen besides that it is early 1900.

Roger W.

#3 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:01

Beautiful vintage pen with history. Forget about the name and brand. 'NoName' should the brand name in this case.
Khan M. Ilyas

#4 Parker51

Parker51

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:33

The reason that this pen can not be identified is that at the time it was made there were many different kinds of pen manufacturers making pens for many different purposes. Yours was likely not made by a major manufacturer that sold pens under it's own name. It may have been a smaller regional producer, or perhaps it was made by a "jobber" in New York, one of a number of Companies which bought parts from a variety of sources and produced pens under contract for Department stores and/orfor Jewelry stores for sale by them. This does not mean the pen is anything but a great pen in wonderful condition. It was made of high quality material and was not cheap at all when it was new. It was and remains a luxury item.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen, fountain pen, brand, help, information, 14kt, nib, antique, eyedropper

Sponsored Content

|