Asian Pocket Pen That Takes #6 Nib?

tvradio

Is there anything around that is sturdy like a brass Kaweco or Delike Alpha that could take a #6 nib and be tossed in a pocket? Even a non-metal pen, if it's sturdy and similarly small.

I bought a Jowo B nib for my Jinhao x750 and I like it but I wonder if there are any other pens into which I could put its #6 nib to make a bang-around pants-pocket EDC pen.

(Alternatively, I assume I could buy and fit a #5 Jowo nib into a Delike Alpha but I'd rather use what I have.)

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tvradio

• Mech-for-i

• Inkling13

• Sheaffer270

I do not think a no.6 nib would be good for a pocket pen, after all its the size that matter ; both ways ; there were and thee are some other ta take the no.6 but none of them AFAIK can be termed a pocket pen; in fac most would be termed a full size / large size pen instead

Are there any decent sturdy pants-pocketable Chinese/Asian pens - that are smaller than the Jinhao 159 and x750 I own - that take a #6?

Depends on who makes that #6 nib. Each company has their own naming convention. Are we talking about jowo nibs? What pen did it come from? Why do you want a #6 nib? Generally, you can try to frankenpen your way through this, but you are headed into a territory that is very rare, meaning, nobody else has had to answer your question before.

As I stated in the original post it's a Jowo #6 I put in a Jinhao x750. I'd like to reuse the nib in a pen that can bang around in my pocket.

Chinese Pocket Pen as I known there was not any pen with #6 nib.

Nibs which like Hero 240

Nibs which like Hero 241

18mm Hooded nib

Medium/Small size Triumph nib

Chinese #24 nib

and so on

Chinese Pocket Pen as I known there was not any pen with #6 nib.

Thanks. In that case I will reconsider getting a small sturdy pants-pocket pen & continue to research who makes an inexpensive quality replacement nib. I've already emailed fpnibs to ask whether their #5 Jowo nibs go into a Delike Alpha or Wing Sung 3007 and they replied that they did not know.

I think those 32 or 35 sized Chinese nib is ( in some case ) no.6 compatible. Mind you not all of them are, they are no.6 if you on count that the feed is to be 6mm dia, but somehow the nib can be all thing ... They can be rather wide like vintage 20's or they can be slender and long .. and any thing in between. The vintage Wing Sung 2XXX series, as well as the Golden Star 28 ( and the new Hero 865 ) all have similar and then plenty other models; I've had some success in sing Jowo and Bock no.6 nib in some of them but none are what I would term pocket pen.

The PenBBS models all use no.6 alright if they are pocketable enough then they would be top choice for the job right now

Hmm, thanks. I was looking for something that was small enough to could fit in a pants pocket yet be sturdy enough to get banged around with change, keys, etc. Something like a Kaweco Sport or Liliput, but (1) cheaper and (2) not with a Bock nib (which Kaweco uses).

If the Petit1 took a broader nib I'd get a box of them, lol.

Edited by tvradio

Hmm, thanks. I was looking for something that was small enough to could fit in a pants pocket yet be sturdy enough to get banged around with change, keys, etc. Something like a Kaweco Sport or Liliput, but (1) cheaper and (2) not with a Bock nib (which Kaweco uses).

If the Petit1 took a broader nib I'd get a box of them, lol.

You could just stub a Petit1, not hard to do with a cheap steel nib and patience. It will be more like pilots CM nib once done though, no tipping. Other than the Kaweco and its delike knockoffs I dont think you will find one, but Karas Kustoms may fit.

Karas uses a Bock nib, and at its price I wouldn't want to think about adding on another German nib. But the Fountain K Mini was on my radar!

My lefthanded writing style unfortunately doesn't work well with stubs or italics, and I'm looking for a Euro M.

If I can't find the small, cheap and bulletproof EDC fountain pen I'm imagining, I suppose I could resort to something like a Kaweco rollerball with a Parker G2-style refill....

well , of course there are solid pocket pen , but its the requirements that matters. Being pocket pen almost always mean it need to be slim, short, and able to survive the abuse. a no.6 or even a no.5 nib can be the factor that deny such combo be made within a reasonable package. On current cataloged retail the Liveinyou Mini Fountain Pen actually fit all the bill except it got a hooded nib. Its ll metal alright, and come in several colors.

Karas uses a Bock nib, and at its price I wouldn't want to think about adding on another German nib. But the Fountain K Mini was on my radar!

My lefthanded writing style unfortunately doesn't work well with stubs or italics, and I'm looking for a Euro M.

If I can't find the small, cheap and bulletproof EDC fountain pen I'm imagining, I suppose I could resort to something like a Kaweco rollerball with a Parker G2-style refill....

Ohto (a Japanese brand), has a couple of models that would fit your needs. The Poche, Rook and Tasche are all slim, metal pocket pens and all take standard #5 nibs. They're not expensive, either.

I would ask why you're so adamant about avoiding Bock nibs?

Nd also the Japanese Muji Short , had a Schmidt fine nib no.5, I've actually swap one out for my Hero No.26 nib intending to replace the Euro F with the Hero Fude / Calligraphy but the up turn tip interfere with the cap so I end up just putting an Hero EF onto pen, though Int'l Cartridge only

I would ask why you're so adamant about avoiding Bock nibs?

I'm interested in a M/B nib, and there are voluminous reports (FPN, FPgeeks, Reddit, Massdrop) about broader Bock nibs having flow and baby's bottom issues.

announced today ; Moonman 丸彩 pocket pen in Acrylic or Ebonite , take international cart. No.5 nib ( I believe ) ; Acrylic version can be eye-droppered ; clipless though

TB2eXRSa9BYBeNjy0FeXXbnmFXa_!!81296406.j

TB2eXQhaNSYBuNjSspjXXX73VXa_!!81296406.j

TB2G2eyXRjTBKNjSZFNXXasFXXa_!!81296406.j

TB2hFD7aHSYBuNjSspiXXXNzpXa_!!81296406.jTB2dKgXaFGWBuNjy0FbXXb4sXXa_!!81296406.j

TB26mohaKuSBuNjy1XcXXcYjFXa_!!81296406.j

Edited by Mech-for-i

That's a seriously cute pen. Not on ebay yet, lol. Any word on pricing?

Edit: More pics here: https://imgur.com/a/RDddM

They look like Helico pens at a tenth of the price.

Edited by tvradio

Not sure why you are down on the Kaweco nibs. My kaweco sport with the EF nib is my best pocket pen and the nib writes great with a wide fine line. But yeah, you can't put a #6 in it.