Xs Pocket Fountain Pen - A New Kickstarter Project From Ensso

Jamerelbe

Just over a weekend ago I received an update from Ensso pens, advising me that they'd just launched a new Kickstarter project. Having backed (and very much enjoyed) their Piuma last year, I was right on top of this project too: a very reasonable 'start-up' price for what looks like a great EDC pocket pen.

I have no financial interest in Ensso (other than as a backer), but one of his collaborators on the latest project (username caiello) has posted something about it on the "USA - North America" forum. As a new member of the forum, he's not able to post in Market Watch - so I've agreed to do so for him. The project is already well over the minimum level for funding (nearly US$50,000 for a $5,000 goal), but for the price/discount I'd say it's well worth checking out! Link to the project is below - to comment on the original post go to https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/333317-xs-pocket-fountain-pen-by-ensso.

================

Hello FPN friends,

I am an architect and product designer and recently designed a pocket fountain pen for Ensso- a Los Angeles-based writing instruments brand. This pen was conceived with mobility in mind. It is one of the smallest fountain pens in the world, but it grows into a regular size pen when posted- making it ideal for everyday carry. In addition, the cap is secured by o-rings, allowing a fast uncapping. The XS has twelve facets that prevent it from rolling down your desk and it is available in several aluminum and brass finishes. It is equipped with #5 Peter Bock nibs made in Germany and it uses standard international ink cartridges or small aerometric converters.

I hope this is a good place to inform the FPN community about the design if not, I would appreciate if you could point me in the right place.
I am looking forward to hearing your comments.
61638a3af0e411d736d4770f697b3490_origina

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamerelbe

• Astronymus

• sdbruder

• ian1964

• 2 weeks later...

The latest update on the XS Pocket Fountain Pen: you can order these pens with steel OR gold OR TITANIUM nibs:

For an additional $40, you can *upgrade* your nib to titanium (please note, these nibs are larger - think the Kaweco Perkeo nib rather than the Kaweco Sport!)

For an additional $115, you can upgrade to a gold nib (same size as the steel).

For an *extra* $20, you can purchase *additional* steel nibs.

For an *extra* $60, you can purchase *additional* titanium nibs.

For an *extra* $135, you can purchase *additional* gold nibs.

I've upgraded my pledge to allow for a titanium nib - I hear that these are not as 'flexy' as their #6 counterparts - and Carlo (who's running the Kickstarter) thinks the smaller Kaweco Sport-syle nibs look better on these small pens - but I've got plenty of these smaller steel nibs lying around, and I like the idea of going for something different!

Looks nice. Although I think I would have made some kind of guidance for the cap so the facets would be always aligned to each other.

I have pledged for 2 XS Pocket Pens, but Im thinking of reverting that to a single one with titanium nib..

Thanks for posting! I'm in for 1 pen. I'm thinking brass with a 1.1 stub.

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

Nice. Make one with a ringtop and I’ll join the queue.

I doubt the cap would hold.

Just a heads up: as I post this reply, the Kickstarter project has 14 hours to go. $70,000+ pledged for a $5,000 goal, so it'll go ahead (and probably be somewhat delayed in terms of shipping :(), but... not much time left if you were still thinking of jumping on board!

Edited to add:

[Also worth noting: there is now an optional add-on clip available - details on Campaign page.]

Edited by Jamerelbe