The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Xs Pocket Fountain Pen - A New Kickstarter Project From Ensso

kickstarter edc usa ensso

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2018 - 22:31

Just over a weekend ago I received an update from Ensso pens, advising me that they'd just launched a new Kickstarter project.  Having backed (and very much enjoyed) their Piuma last year, I was right on top of this project too: a very reasonable 'start-up' price for what looks like a great EDC pocket pen.

I have no financial interest in Ensso (other than as a backer), but one of his collaborators on the latest project (username caiello) has posted something about it on the "USA - North America" forum.  As a new member of the forum, he's not able to post in Market Watch - so I've agreed to do so for him.  The project is already well over the minimum level for funding (nearly US$50,000 for a $5,000 goal), but for the price/discount I'd say it's well worth checking out!  Link to the project is below - to comment on the original post go to http://www.fountainp...in-pen-by-ensso.

================

Hello FPN friends,

I am an architect and product designer and recently designed a pocket fountain pen for Ensso- a Los Angeles-based writing instruments brand. This pen was conceived with mobility in mind. It is one of the smallest fountain pens in the world, but it grows into a regular size pen when posted- making it ideal for everyday carry. In addition, the cap is secured by o-rings, allowing a fast uncapping. The XS has twelve facets that prevent it from rolling down your desk and it is available in several aluminum and brass finishes. It is equipped with #5 Peter Bock nibs made in Germany and it uses standard international ink cartridges or small aerometric converters.

I hope this is a good place to inform the FPN community about the design if not, I would appreciate if you could point me in the right place. 
I am looking forward to hearing your comments.

61638a3af0e411d736d4770f697b3490_origina

Sponsored Content

#2 ian1964

ian1964

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2018 - 00:05

Thanks for the nod. It is definitely an interesting design. Sadly. I just don't find metal pens comfortable :(

#3 sdbruder

sdbruder

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:33

Im a backer of that kickstart too, waiting for my t ansiously!

#4 caiello

caiello

Dipped Only

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2018 - 20:15

Thanks!

#5 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,220 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:13

The latest update on the XS Pocket Fountain Pen: you can order these pens with steel OR gold OR TITANIUM nibs:

For an additional $40, you can *upgrade* your nib to titanium (please note, these nibs are larger - think the Kaweco Perkeo nib rather than the Kaweco Sport!)

For an additional $115, you can upgrade to a gold nib (same size as the steel).

For an *extra* $20, you can purchase *additional* steel nibs.

For an *extra* $60, you can purchase *additional* titanium nibs.

For an *extra* $135, you can purchase *additional* gold nibs.

I've upgraded my pledge to allow for a titanium nib - I hear that these are not as 'flexy' as their #6 counterparts - and Carlo (who's running the Kickstarter) thinks the smaller Kaweco Sport-syle nibs look better on these small pens - but I've got plenty of these smaller steel nibs lying around, and I like the idea of going for something different!

#6 Astron

Astron

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2018 - 13:31

Looks nice. Although I think I would have made some kind of guidance for the cap so the facets would be always aligned to each other.

❦ You do not need glasses if you can't read this. Seriously. Who could read this?

#7 sdbruder

sdbruder

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2018 - 16:59

I have pledged for 2 XS Pocket Pens, but Im thinking of reverting that to a single one with titanium nib.. 

#8 sub_bluesy

sub_bluesy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2018 - 20:03

Thanks for posting!  I'm in for 1 pen.  I'm thinking brass with a 1.1 stub.

Cause if your eyes on the ground when the night comes around, youll only see the stars when they fall like rain.

#9 sidthecat

sidthecat

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,334 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2018 - 22:45

Nice. Make one with a ringtop and I’ll join the queue.

#10 Astron

Astron

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 March 2018 - 00:11

Nice. Make one with a ringtop and I’ll join the queue.

I doubt the cap would hold.

❦ You do not need glasses if you can't read this. Seriously. Who could read this?

#11 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,220 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:59

Just a heads up: as I post this reply, the Kickstarter project has 14 hours to go.  $70,000+ pledged for a $5,000 goal, so it'll go ahead (and probably be somewhat delayed in terms of shipping :(), but... not much time left if you were still thinking of jumping on board!

Edited to add:

[Also worth noting: there is now an optional add-on clip available - details on Campaign page.]

Edited by Jamerelbe, 15 March 2018 - 02:01.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, edc, usa, ensso

Sponsored Content

|