Hello From South Central Pa

GC2001

Hello

I am new to fountain pens and looking to learn more. I bought a Jinhao 159 rollerball around Thanksgiving and then saw that there was a fountain pen version. I had never used a fountain pen up to that point and became hooked once the pen and ink arrived. I recently (today) won an auction for a Cross Radiance FP. I am looking forward to figuring out what kind of converter and ink cartriges it takes.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• DasKaltblut

• GC2001

• OCArt

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Howdy from Pittsburgh! :W2FPN:

My understanding is that there are two different types of Cross converters -- one kind just pushes in and the other is threaded and screws onto the back of the feed. I know because I have a Cross Solo (push-in type) and a Cross Verve (screw-in type).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Welcome from Lincoln, UK. You're in a lovely place and on the brink of a life-long addiction interest. I don't have any Crosses though - good luck.

Thanks all!

DasKaltblut, South Central PA is Lancaster, York and Adams Counties according to the Game Commission

Edited by GC2001

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

The time is the very late 50s and very early 60s and Ike was retiring back to his beloved Gettysburg and a new young Boston Brahman and US Senator was entering the political stage and in Amish country the carriages were adding reflectors, some even lights, for safety on the narrow country roads. A few miles north of Lancaster was the small town of Lilitz, population maybe 4000 during the summer and the home of the Wilbur Chocolate Company.

Spring in Northern Maryland and Southern Pennsylvania in that era was wondrous. It was an area of small family farms on some of the most lush and fertile soil in the US worked by Amish and Mennonite, a land of great but simple foods, rolling hills with a new and startling view around almost every bend. It was easy to see why this area had been desired by both the Penns and Lords Baltimore, desirable enough to fight over and fight over it they did.

It was a time before air conditioned cars and the windows were rolled down. There had been a short shower and the tires hissed on the pavement and the smell of ozone and freshly cut grasses and flowers newly blossomed filled the air. But it is with the Wilbur Chocolate factory that this tale begins and a lush, mouth filling chocolate filled with creamy caramel.

Illy coffee reminds me of that day, flowery with a hint of fruit, of chocolate and soft smooth caramel, of ozone and fresh mown grass. Illy is the antithesis of the typical Starbucks espresso, it has no hard corners, there is no hint of chrome or steel, it is a small table in a garden under an umbrella, sitting quietly with that friend, the one you no longer even need to speak to but rather just revel in their company, a period beyond clocks or schedules, where the only deadline is to be aware of the moment.

My Website

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Thanks all!

DasKaltblut, South Central PA is Lancaster, York and Adams Counties according to the Game Commission

Which is weird, because they are not in the center of state. Especially Lancaster - that is definitely east!

Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Welcome! You will find lots of great information here and many suggestions to expand your collection.

Cheers,

Ozzy

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

Which is weird, because they are not in the center of state. Especially Lancaster - that is definitely east!

I just looked at a map, and "south central" PA looks more like it would be the area around Chambersburg. Which is now making me wonder how Harrisburg got to be the state capital -- it's not really centrally located (not even the halfway point between Pittsburgh and Philly...).

But what do I know? I grew up in SE NYS, within 50 miles of Manhattan, and New Yorkers say that anything beyond the East River is "upstate".... :angry:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Welcome !

I regret to suggest that Cross uses proprietary Cross accessories. Good hunting !

Grateful to Jar for the memories. Maryland was the "Land of Pleasant Living". My memories

are of horses at Sagamore, and Glade Valley, and Al Mayrah.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !