Another New Pelikan.....

Runnin_Ute

Don't forget to check with your credit card company for currency exchange fees. My Amazon card doesn't charge a fee.

Also worth checking the spread.

X

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• Calabria

• Matlock

• oregano

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Folks,

Just ordered mine from Cult---about $150 (just the pen, no fancy box) and am receiving a one-pen Pelikan case free.

Don't forget to check with your credit card company for currency exchange fees. My Amazon card doesn't charge a fee.

Regards,

George

I am really thinking of going the same way. For like you said around $150 including a leather pen case that is worth around $50 on it's own is a good deal. I have been playing with my M200 for the last couple of days remembering what it's like to use something similar. I know the 120 would not replace my M805 or any of the pens in my top 5, but I really want one... It's just hard to pull the trigger.

Hi Folks,

Just ordered mine from Cult---about $150 (just the pen, no fancy box) and am receiving a one-pen Pelikan case free.

Regards,

George

I ordered my Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl from Cult Pens two days ago and it was shipped yesterday - I wonder if I also get a free one-pen Pelikan case?

I ordered my Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl from Cult Pens two days ago and it was shipped yesterday - I wonder if I also get a free one-pen Pelikan case?

It get one you have to add it to your cart. I am not sure when the promo started but they were making a big point of it yesterday. I did just pull the trigger on the offer with the M120 Iconic Blue. Wish I could afford an Ocean Swirl right now but that is not happening.

It get one you have to add it to your cart. I am not sure when the promo started but they were making a big point of it yesterday. I did just pull the trigger on the offer with the M120 Iconic Blue. Wish I could afford an Ocean Swirl right now but that is not happening.

Me to, M120 on the way, but I forgot about the case so just sent them an email and asked them to include it.

I like it. The truth is, blue pens don't hold any special fascination for me, and calling this one 'Iconic' seems a little over the top. But I have a soft spot for the 120 and always will.

Much has been made of the color, what is it with us? It's blue, right? Not marbled, not mottled or swirled, just a solid blue. I had expected it to be the same color as the MX05 - all blue, or dark blue, or what ever it was called (what was that model called.... anyone?) I should know, I bought the M805 model and had a custom binde installed. Some time later I saw the M600 model at a great price and jumped on it.

I wanted to show these pens together so folks could perhaps get as deter sense of the color of the 'iconic' blue (that still makes me chuckle). Unfortunately the light here was pretty bad today (big storm). But here are a few shots that may give you some idea of how the two compare. I included a couple of other blue Pelikans just for the fun of it. Egad for a guy who professes not to care much about blue pens, I have a nice little flock.

40409643815_874b789fc9_k.jpgP1000569 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

40409643785_e3e7ed2e22_z.jpgP1000552 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

40409643745_ec38206623_k.jpgP1000550 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

40409643665_2effe522fa_k.jpgP1000547 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

40409643615_f4ee28fe7e_k.jpgP1000548 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

Clearly the Iconic Blue is the best color. :wub: Mine should be to me by the end of the week.

Edited by Tseg

...snip...

I included a couple of other blue Pelikans just for the fun of it. Egad for a guy who professes not to care much about blue pens, I have a nice little flock.

P1000569 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

P1000552 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

P1000550 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

P1000547 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

P1000548 by Doctor Codfish, on Flickr

Excellent photos! Thanks for sharing. I think they show the differences well. And yes, that is quite a nice flock, well done :thumbup:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Actually,this is one of those situations where a light box is really needed to show the subtle difference in colors. I have been telling myself for years that I should make one [a light box] because they are so expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078ZT9L9F/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B078ZT9L9F&pd_rd_wg=3UpDt&pd_rd_r=491RYYBJAEDJQKTZQN1R&pd_rd_w=w0PRA

Actually,this is one of those situations where a light box is really needed to show the subtle difference in colors. I have been telling myself for years that I should make one [a light box] because they are so expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078ZT9L9F/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B078ZT9L9F&pd_rd_wg=3UpDt&pd_rd_r=491RYYBJAEDJQKTZQN1R&pd_rd_w=w0PRA

You don't need to sell of your collection to splurge on such an item. Here is a value one at a 40% discount:

https://www.amazon.com/LimoStudio-Portable-Shooting-Foldable-Commercial/dp/B01NBTHRTA/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1523838323&sr=1-2&keywords=light+box

Edited by Tseg

Pelikan just announced on Instagram a "new" release!

A Pelikan M205 transparent demonstrator with the finial ring in silver finish, the same as the "new" release of the M205 blue demonstrator.

:D