Edc Pen For My Jowo #6 Nib? (Or #5 Jowo For Delike?)

tvradio

I recently got a Jowo B #6 nib to put in one of my Jinhaos. I am getting used to it, and it writes smoothly, much more smoothly than the stock nib it replaced.

I'm thinking that I'd like to be able to carry that nib around with me in a small, rough-and-tumble pocketable pen, and I wondered if there were any such Chinese pens I could look at. Something like the Delike Alpha would be ideal (though it apparently uses a #5 nib).

Any suggestions?

Alternatively, is it possible to fit a Jowo #5 B nib into a Delike Alpha?

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tvradio

• k3eax

• gryphon1911

• NPatil

Top Posters In This Topic

Which jinhao are you currently using?

An X450 is not that big at all, where an X750 is a bit beefier.

If you want something smaller, then a Kaweco Sport might be something of interest to you. I also found an awesome Bexley, that is a pocket pen...have one myself in red.

It was reviewed in the link below. Although, I love Howard's nibs, so doubt I would replace the nib in a Bexley with anything else....just get it with a Broad in it from the get go.

https://www.penaddict.com/blog/2017/5/28/bexley-pocket-pro-fountain-pen-review

I've got an x750 and a 159, and the nib is currently on the x750. But I wouldn't feel comfortable putting it in my pants pocket.

The 450 is a no-go because my odd lefthanded grip does not usually get along with tri-molded sections on fountain pens.

Yes, I know about the Kaweco, but I was hoping to use my current nib, and if I didn't, Kaweco has a long, infamous reputation with its broad Bock nibs having issues. Also, I'd rather spend $35 on a brass Delike (that takes standard converters) with a replacement Jowo B nib than play roulette with a $21 Kaweco (which would necessitate either a tiny mini-converter or syringing old cartridges) that might or might not need a return to Kaweco customer service.

The Bexley looks interesting, but... I posted this in the China/Korea forum because I didn't want to spend $100 on a pen!.

Edited by tvradio

I'm thinking that I'd like to be able to carry that nib around with me in a small, rough-and-tumble pocketable pen, and I wondered if there were any such Chinese pens I could look at. Something like the Delike Alpha would be ideal (though it apparently uses a #5 nib).

Any suggestions?

Alternatively, is it possible to fit a Jowo #5 B nib into a Delike Alpha? and inexpenive

You might wish to consider the Wing Sung 3007; you'll find it inspired by the Kaweco Sport and very inexpensive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-WING-SUNG-3007-Iridium-Point-0-5mm-Fine-Nib-Fountain-Pens-For-Kids-Gifts-/282768178101

You might wish to consider the Wing Sung 3007; you'll find it inspired by the Kaweco Sport and very inexpensive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-WING-SUNG-3007-Iridium-Point-0-5mm-Fine-Nib-Fountain-Pens-For-Kids-Gifts-/282768178101

Well, the price is right!

Do you know if it can take a Jowo B nib (and if so, what size nib)?

OK thanks. Basically I'm looking for a pocket pen which will specifically take a Jowo B nib.

Other than the Jinhao x750, X450 and x159, the only Chinese pens that accept #6 nibs are the Penbbs models. Being made out of acrylic, they're beautiful but prone to scratches, so I don't think they'll make an ideal tough EDC pen. I guess you're limited to using the #5 nib, which might go om to a much wider variety of Chinese pens.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to try to find out if that Delike or Jinhao (or some similar pocket pen) can take a #5 Jowo B as a replacement nib then. I just emailed fpnibs.com to see if they knew.

Follow-up: fpnibs replied back and doesn't know if the Jowo #5 will fit on those two pens, so I'm going to have to try to do some searching to see if anyone else has tried to do it.