Conid Minimalistica & Sailor Bottles - Incompatible!

Lloyd

What's a these, and where does one obtain such?

Also one can simply remove the reservoir for a short term solution.

I assume it's one of these. Oh, and .. Yes, I'm jealous.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lloyd

• mauckcg

• gistar

• katerchen

Thanks LLoyd. Only $202 for the lacquered version! Much more elegant than removing the reservoir.

Add lightness and simplicate.

I think you still need to remove the reservoir. For $202, it elegantly tilts the bottle. I might hire a manservant for this task...or just prop it up on a book.

Oscar Wilde

I think you still need to remove the reservoir. For $202, it elegantly tilts the bottle. I might hire a manservant for this task...or just prop it up on a book.

That's a pretty neat little chunk of wood. Unfortunately empty Noodler's bottles are a dime a dozen so...

Do you need to autoclave the Noodlers bottles to remove any trace of the ink's pen-destroying capabilities?

j/k I'm a Noodlers fan.

Edited by Lloyd

Oscar Wilde

That's a pretty neat little chunk of wood. Unfortunately empty Noodler's bottles are a dime a dozen so...

Ugh, Noodler's bottles are not exactly an upgrade. They tip easily (don't ask) and once the top third is gone, unless you have nerves of steel, it's pretty hard to fill a pen without smearing ink on its side as it bangs against the small bottle opening.

These on the other hand : :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: (if you can get your hands on empty ones) :

60072.jpg?mark64=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5qZXRwZW5

Funny thing is : lately I got bit by the dip pen bug, and those wide-top Sailor bottles (with the insert tossed out of course) will be perfect for that.

Edited by katerchen

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here tried using a Visconti inkpot to fill the Minimalistica? If it works, that would make loading it with a Sailor ink much easier.

The Visconti ink pot is the only way I can use Sailor inks with most non-converter pens (for converters I just fill the converter directly). This is a real shame because I end up not using Sailor inks as often as I should because filling from their bottles is a pain.

I may have to buy that fancy block of wood tartuffo shared.

The NAGASAWA Penstyle Den bottle ink stage is of course beautiful and elegant.

However, I use ink from a number of different sized and shaped bottles including iroshizuku some of which may have trouble fitting into the cylinder.

I gathered some scrap wood and hammered two pieces of wood onto a small sheet of plywood forming a V. On the back I hammered another strip of wood to act as a foot which raised the board to an incline.

Before the inspiration from this post I would just balance the edge of the bottle of ink on my cell phone or pad of paper or whatever, while I prayed and renewed my relationship to God asking that my hand did not slip while inking my pen. The potential for disaster seemed enormous, but now and then a little danger adds excitement.

This system definitely takes the excitement out of filling my pen, but the sense of satisfaction and safety is wonderful.

Great idea.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Bobby

Why carry one pen when four will do!

Member of the Calgary Pen Club: <A href="http://www.calgarypenclub.com/" target=_blank>http: //www.calgarypenclub.com/

I have what looks like, and may be, the 40lb grip strengthener shown here. I can use it like the NAGASAWA ring, albeit less elegantly but far more frugally.

Oscar Wilde

Ugh, Noodler's bottles are not exactly an upgrade. They tip easily (don't ask) and once the top third is gone, unless you have nerves of steel, it's pretty hard to fill a pen without smearing ink on its side as it bangs against the small bottle opening.

These on the other hand : :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: (if you can get your hands on empty ones) :

60072.jpg?mark64=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5qZXRwZW5

Funny thing is : lately I got bit by the dip pen bug, and those wide-top Sailor bottles (with the insert tossed out of course) will be perfect for that.

I have enough converter fillers i will be using those at some point once the level gets low enough.

I assume it's one of these. Oh, and .. Yes, I'm jealous.

I have one of these - it has a swivel in the base that means you can alter the angle of the bottle to get the last drop.

Very useful, but you can wedge something underneath and, with quite a bit of care, get the same effect.

Too many pens; too little writing.

I have one of these - it has a swivel in the base that means you can alter the angle of the bottle to get the last drop.

Very useful, but you can wedge something underneath and, with quite a bit of care, get the same effect.

Oooo..I wonder if Nakaya will come out with a $200 urushi coated wedge.

Oscar Wilde