The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Rapido-Eze Vs. Speedball Pen Cleaner

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TwizzlerNibs

TwizzlerNibs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:18

I've searched and there are threads that come close, but not quite on the nose so here we go...

I got a Valentine's present of a pen case and some Speedball pen cleaner (She's a keeper right??)

I'm doing my first fountain pen restorations and had some Rapido-Eze in my Amazon cart ready to purchase, so this seems to be perfect. Or is it?

I've seen the sentiment of "Rapido-Eze is what we (the pros, the experienced restorers) use on a regular basis and always when we run into tough problems" expressed a few times.  I am just looking at some standard repair and cleaning as far as I can tell, so will my Speedball cleaner be fine?

The bottle says "Speedball Super Pen Cleaner is specially formulated to keep dip pens, fountain pens, and technical pens working like new. Also removes dried ink from drafting film and can be used to clean fine jewelry"

Anyone have actual knowledge of formulation of either product, specifically how they differ, if at all?

Thanks,

Josh

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|