The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What Is Your Plan For Acquiring Writing Supplies After The Zombie/nuclear Apocalypse?

apocalypse writing supplies writing supply plan pen paper ink scavenging stockpiling

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 dogpoet

dogpoet

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 18:32

I don't see how any preparation needs to be taken to stockpile nice paper and fountain pens against the zombie apocalypse. As soon as you watch a zombie film it becomes very clear that you won't be competing with them for that stuff: they're obviously the sort of people who use disposable biros out of choice, aren't they?

Sponsored Content

#42 Corona688

Corona688

Inkfingered Crackpot

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2018 - 18:44

Medieval pen and ink were made in minutes from farm waste and boiled trees. Paper though -- that was precious.

You can make paper out of cattail reeds, apparently. It doesn't look very nice but would serve.

#43 pseudo88

pseudo88

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 20:08

Chocolate and toilet paper will run out long before I run out of ink and fountain pens.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#44 LizEF

LizEF

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,556 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2018 - 20:37

Chocolate and toilet paper will run out long before I run out of ink and fountain pens.

:lticaptd:   (I'm stock piling toilet paper - but don't even think about trying to raid my stock pile - it's well guarded.)

#45 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,383 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:13

Ruth, I put Noodlers X-Feather-X in an EF Lamy 2000, an EDC that writes on cheap paper often for work. Nice black black, early days but very encouraged after the first couple weeks.

The problem is that it's NOT a Lamy 2000 -- it's a Pilot Vanishing Point.  Which means a Japanese EF -- not a German one.... 

I don’t believe in microwave ovens. I know they exist yet still I do not believe in them.

As we are talking fantasy I will tell you why. They are inter dimensional transporters - food is transported to another dimension, super heated there and returned. Beings of that dimension experience great mirth watching us burn our tongue as we refuse to wait six hours for the food to cool.

And they're probably STILL laughing themselves sick over my husband's former housemate cooking a steak in one for the first time... for ten *minutes*....  

I believe it was described as ending up looking sort of like a charcoal briquette....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#46 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 14,383 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:18

I don't see how any preparation needs to be taken to stockpile nice paper and fountain pens against the zombie apocalypse. As soon as you watch a zombie film it becomes very clear that you won't be competing with them for that stuff: they're obviously the sort of people who use disposable biros out of choice, aren't they?

Well I could ask my husband's former office mate, the next time she comes east.  I think she was an extra in Dawn of the Dead, which was at least partly filmed in the Monroeville Mall, which is a little under 20 miles from where I live.... 

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#47 max dog

max dog

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:36

I'll be ready for anything apocalyptic cometh this way!

fpn_1518582827__tactical_pen_self_defens

fpn_1518582858__tactical-pens-lead.jpg

fpn_1518582784__tactical_fountain_pen_co

#48 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• 11,624 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:03

I don't enjoy writing much, so I plan to not write any more.  I would thus have a couple of hundred darts.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#49 DrPenfection

DrPenfection

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,862 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:06

Well, by the time the apocalypse comes, I will be long gone - either I have been raptured and home with Jesus, or I will have died and am with Jesus. So either way, it won’t matter to me.

Best always,

Deborah (aka DrPenfection)

#50 sub_bluesy

sub_bluesy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:29

It looks like those of us who have a good collection of fine steel nib pens will accel while the unfortunate who placed faith in soft gold broad (dull) nibs (me) will not fair so well. I can only assume I’ll meet my doom at the hands of a crazed Jinhao wielding survivalist who planned ahead. At that point my pens and paper will become the property of the Jinhaoist until they meet their fate at the hands of a prepper who invested heavily in tactical ballpoints and space pen refills. The ballpoints shall inherit the Earth! I read that someplace.
Cause if your eyes on the ground when the night comes around, youll only see the stars when they fall like rain.

#51 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Member - Gold

• 2,655 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:49

You're quite right, DP,... but what concerns me is I think sub-bluesy might be right... the ballpoints are gonna take over. :ninja:

:D

- Anthony
With thanks to my Mom & Dad; who taught me to run free, but not run wild.

Please pray the Rosary daily. Thank You, St. Jude, for favors granted. :)

Grab life with both arms and give it a bear hug every day! :D

#52 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Member - Gold

• 2,655 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:53

Well,... I will be... home with Jesus,... So... it wont matter to me.

Good for you, DrP.,... that's the right attitude. :thumbup:

- Anthony :)

Typo.

Edited by ParkerDuofold, 14 February 2018 - 08:54.

#53 Amory

Amory

must put a witty comment here to show I am a fun person

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:01

You're quite right, DP,... but what concerns me is I think sub-bluesy might be right... the ballpoints are gonna take over. :ninja:

:D

- Anthony

That is a very Zombiephobic stance.

#54 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Member - Gold

• 2,655 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:07

That is a very Zombiephobic stance.

What?... :unsure: ...who?... :unsure: ...me?..... a zombiphobe?? ... :huh:

Not true! Why some of my best friends are zombies. :)

- Anthony

#55 dogpoet

dogpoet

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,280 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 13:11

Well I could ask my husband's former office mate, the next time she comes east.  I think she was an extra in Dawn of the Dead, which was at least partly filmed in the Monroeville Mall, which is a little under 20 miles from where I live.... 

Cool. That film's still one of the classics.

#56 Amory

Amory

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 13:34

What?... :unsure: ...who?... :unsure: ...me?..... a zombiphobe?? ... :huh:

Not true! Why some of my best friends are zombies. :)

- Anthony

We are pleased you say this earthling.

Forget the above.
I am pleased you say this
Amory

Edited by Amory, 14 February 2018 - 13:37.

#57 Amory

Amory

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 13:41

http://www.fountainp...se_course_2.jpg

A defence against attacking zombie dartboards. You seem to have all areas covered.

#58 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• 1,605 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 14:31

I don't know why everyone is so afraid of zombies, they just want to be "friends with "brain"efits".......

Also I think a poll should be started asking how many of us have used the possibility of a zombie apocalypse as justification for the massive amounts of pens, inks, or paper we have already.....

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!For Sale: TBA

#59 Amory

Amory

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 14:41

That does seem to be the only logical excuse JakobS

#60 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 14:42

I think she was an extra in Dawn of the Dead, which was at least partly filmed in the Monroeville Mall, which is a little under 20 miles from where I live....

...which, from the couple of times I've been in the mall, is where I would expect to find zombies.  I don't think that you would find it easy to discern which are customers and which are zombies, which could be a problem.

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apocalypse, writing, supplies, writing supply, plan, pen, paper, ink, scavenging, stockpiling

Sponsored Content

|