Where Does One Look On The Internet .....

Claud

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• BillH

• chromantic

• inkstainedruth

You can try sargetalon's site, The Pelikan's Perch:

https://thepelikansperch.com/

He usually features upcoming products. Pelikan's own site is primarily for existing products.

Edited by chromantic

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Often dealers such as Iguana Sell or one of the others will post something here once they have confirmation as well. One did this with the recently released M200 Brown marbled.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I have seen a post or two on Instagram that had a few hours jump on the release announcement. None frequent or reliable enough to tell you where to look though, sorry to say.

We're all getting anxious, aren't we? :huh:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Pelikan is very strict about the leaking of upcoming products which is why you don't see news as much as you used to. There is only 1 month lead time from when a vendor can announce it until the product is released. There was a big dust up a few years ago when much of the line-up was known pre-release. I will post news as soon as I can to my site. I'm very surprised that we haven't heard about anything yet. This is expected to be a robust year of releases with the 180th anniversary. I know of several interesting models coming out but don't have enough details to share openly.

I can tell you to plan for a special LE for the anniversary, something big, something orange, something gray, something blue, and something in olivine too. All details forthcoming when pics and more info breaks (or sooner if I can manage it).

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Why not look on Pelikan's website? They're sure to announce new offerings before anyone else has the information.

www.pelikan.com

Oh, and I just got a peak at the new Edelstein ink, Olivine. Looks NIIIIICE.... :puddle:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Why not look on Pelikan's website? They're sure to announce new offerings before anyone else has the information.

www.pelikan.com

Oh, and I just got a peak at the new Edelstein ink, Olivine. Looks NIIIIICE.... :puddle:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

In my experience, that is the last place to look for the latest info. I find them to be about 2 weeks to a month behind their retailers in announcing/updating info. Overseas vendors such as Appelboom, Fritz-Schimpf, and La Couronne du Comte are likely some of the best sources to monitor for news of upcoming products.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

I can tell you to plan for a special LE for the anniversary, something big, something orange, something gray, something blue, and something in olivine too. All details forthcoming when pics and more info breaks (or sooner if I can manage it).

I know you can't confirm..but here goes my speculation:

Someting big: A new colour for the M1000

Something orange: Ok, this one has stumped me. Combine with above for M1000 Burnt Orange?!

Something grey: M605 anthracite

Something blue: M400 blue o' blue

Something olivine: M205 olivine demonstrator

bayesianprior.png

I see to have dim memory of having some luck finding things out on Pelikan's FB page. Not least "how much is it?" in different languages via the comments... :D

I know you can't confirm..but here goes my speculation:

Something orange: Ok, this one has stumped me. Combine with above for M1000 Burnt Orange?!
Something olivine: M205 olivine demonstrator

Ooo, can I play?

Big - I concur; gotta be something for the neglected M1xxx, surely?

Orange - I fear it's going to be another M8xx in the same series as the Renaissance Brown/Ocean Swirl. I'd like it to be an M6xx or smaller, but I ha' me doots.

Grey - You may be on the money there too. But I shall go mad and suggest a grey marbled M205 instead. Then a red M200 next year.

Blue - Oh, I'd love to see the M605 blue striated return. But how about the wee M101N instead? Make a change from red.

Olivine - Nil points. Too obvious. :P

<I know you can't confirm..but here goes my speculation:

Something olivine: M205 olivine demonstrator>

@BayesianPrior (and grainweevil, too): Yes, aren't you just the specu-potater!

Edited by Christopher Godfrey

In January, when Pelikan showed the first photos of the Edelstein Olivine ink on their instagram feed, a commenter asked if there was going to be a "matching M200", they were promptly shut down by the Pelikan employee who posts such things. She was nice about it, but no details were forthcoming. All she gave was March 2018 for the ink. That post was mid-January.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

You can knock yourself out searching the internet for the first sign of a new release, but I recommend you just stay tuned here. There are enough rabid Pelikan fanatics posting here that you will get the down low on what is new in the Pelikan universe within about 15 minutes of it being reliable news vs rumor and speculation.

I will say though that if a M600 Stressman popped out, I would have a hard time looking past it.

In January, when Pelikan showed the first photos of the Edelstein Olivine ink on their instagram feed, a commenter asked if there was going to be a "matching M200", they were promptly shut down by the Pelikan employee who posts such things. She was nice about it, but no details were forthcoming. All she gave was March 2018 for the ink. That post was mid-January.

They did that in Aquamarine year too - to the point where I seem to remember we all wondered if the transparent blue was going to be it for the M2xxs that year. Presumably the corridors of Pelikan HQ ring with the merry laughter of vastly amused employees as a result of these hilarious deceptions.

You can knock yourself out searching the internet for the first sign of a new release, but I recommend you just stay tuned here. There are enough rabid Pelikan fanatics posting here that you will get the down low on what is new in the Pelikan universe within about 15 minutes of it being reliable news vs rumor and speculation.

I will say though that if a M600 Stressman popped out, I would have a hard time looking past it.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat too.

How about an M1005 Blue Striped? Would that generate any buzz? I'd be all over that one as well...

Well guys, I guess I will just stay tuned. If Pelikan is so secretive, do they at least have a set date every year for the unveiling of the new models?

No set date... that's why us crazies come here to pace and wring our hankies :lticaptd:

I'd buy it in a heartbeat too.

How about an M1005 Blue Striped? Would that generate any buzz? I'd be all over that one as well...

Where do I sign up for one of these? :D

I have the impression that a Blue M1005 would sell like candy.

News of something new anticipated within the next 24 hours...