The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Ann Arbor Pen Posse: March 11

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ypsilanti

ypsilanti

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 21:44

A2P2 meets again on Sunday, March 11, at 2pm

at ABC's Corner Brewery, 720 Norris St, Ypsilanti

We meet on the second Sunday of every month.  All are welcome!  Please join us. 

Sponsored Content

#2 MCN

MCN

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:54

I’m going to bring some pens that I hope can find a new home: the new Lamy Aion and several inexpensive stainless steel Parkers.

#3 knarflj

knarflj

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 18:17

We plan to be there - the visiting daughter is tremendously excited that there will be a pen posse while she's in town, so there will be more of us than usual (some of us probably punch-drunk from travel fatigue…)

Also, I couldn't think of a better way to let you all know, but Jake Weidmann is going to be giving a talk in Whitmore Lake just a couple of days before we meet:

http://www.livingsto...lca-experience/

Pretty sure the point of the event is to get people interested in the school, but either way, it's Jake Weidmann…  

Oh, and one more thing.  The daughter has been asking whether there's an inexpensive pen with a fine enough nib to work on cheap paper (or drawing paper) without picking up stray fibers between the tines.  She has a Prera (F, I think), a 78G (which she likes) and a Metro (M); I don't think I have anything different other than a Safari/AlStar.  I know most of you tend toward broader nibs, but if any of the fine nib users are able to bring along anything else that might fit her requirements from the budget end of the spectrum, that would be great.  Thanks!

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

#4 rob1656

rob1656

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2018 - 22:51

I am back in town. My mom and I will be there. 

#5 randomthinks

randomthinks

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 00:54

Ill be there! Looking forward to it.

#6 s_t_e_v_e

s_t_e_v_e

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 14:13

I'll be there too! I have mostly overhauled my entire collection over the past year or so, focusing mainly on mid to high end pens. I'll try and bring as many as I can.

I look forward to seeing everyone!

#7 s_t_e_v_e

s_t_e_v_e

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:42

If anyone has some brown inks, it would be great if you could bring them along. Im trying to find a brown ink that I like better than the one I have (Iroshizuku Yama Guri).

#8 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:47

obviously unsure of color & qualities you're seeking, but MB Toffee has served well as an acceptable business ink.

if not you've not tried before, perhaps someone will bring a sample?

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#9 s_t_e_v_e

s_t_e_v_e

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:39

obviously unsure of color & qualities you're seeking, but MB Toffee has served well as an acceptable business ink.

if not you've not tried before, perhaps someone will bring a sample?

That would be nice! I have other MB inks but never tried Toffee brown. It's a nice color, I wonder how it compares to Waterman brown which looks very similar, at least on the laptop monitor.

#10 ypsilanti

ypsilanti

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 13:16

I'll be there, but I can't stay long.  Midterm this weekend; 14 essay questions to knock out.

Steve:  I'll bring you a sample of MB Toffee Brown and a few others.  I have a couple dozen browns.  I'll bring my ink journal -- happy to send you more samples after I'm done answering 14 essay questions.

Jenny: The TWSBI ECO came to mind for the daughter.  I have both versions (different grip sections) and will bring them.  Yes, they both have broad nibs, but she could at least find out whether she likes the feel of the pen.

#11 knarflj

knarflj

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 18:10

Just seeing this now.  Thanks to everyone who had suggestions for Katherine.  She's still making up her mind, I think. :)

Jenny

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

Sponsored Content

|