The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Rare? Pelikan 500

pelikan 500 fountain pe germany

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DajemOtkaz

DajemOtkaz

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 21:22

I bought Pelikan 500 fountain pen with rolled gold cap and turn knob. It looks like every other Pelikan 500 pen but with one difference.

As shown on photos in attachment, instead of Pelikan emblem on top of the cap, there is "NG" engraved.

Does anyone know the reason for this? I know that some companies ordered pens with their logo on top of the cap (Bosch) , and I would like to know is it the same thing with this pen.

Thank You for help  :D

0209181415a.jpg

0209181415.jpg

0209181416.jpg

0124181402b.jpg

0124181402d.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 FPFan

FPFan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 22:15

I suspect, someone had it personalized!

Fair winds and following seas.

#3 carlos.q

carlos.q

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,947 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 22:35

Some sort of corporate gift with a company logo?

#4 Christopher Godfrey

Christopher Godfrey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Location:Gloucester (The Perfect Storm one, in Massachusetts)
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 00:36

NG with the G quite possibly standing for "Gesellschaft" (= Sales, as in the name of a company)

#5 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,944 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:36

Whether a personalization, company logo or just a replacement jewel - its pretty cool and well done. Nice find. That 500 is absolutely beautiful.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#6 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,458 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:11

Unsure about the engraving on top but congrats on a beautiful pen!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#7 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 14:47

That is one beautiful pen. Enjoy writing with it and forget about the engraving. Congrats.
Khan M. Ilyas

#8 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 16:28

Pelikan would put company logos on the caps of pens made to order. Ive even seen some cap tops with unique engravings. I dont know what ng stands for but suspect it was likely a small company order. Really no way to be definitive short of an invoice turning up. Regardless, great pen. Enjoy it!

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#9 DajemOtkaz

DajemOtkaz

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:25

Thank You all for your help  :)

#10 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• 21,622 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 13:30

Mine has the regular bird.....grumble.....cubed...............someone used it :headsmack: enough that there is no green bird. :( :gaah: :wallbash:....Just joking. I never expected to own a 500...never even looked in they were so 'out of my price range'..............turned out not quite....but I bought on German Ebay.

It did take a hole in my pocket as my grail pen money fell out of it, for that flock of Pelikans to follow me home.

I know the width is not nib or pen marked, but what do you guess?

Mine looks to be a OBBB with a 30 degree grind...(in maxi..)...a pure signature pen. Takes 2/3rds or 3/4ths a page to write a legal signature. (I can of course nib it with other Pelikan nibs of that era.)

Yours looks like it will write just fine.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 16 February 2018 - 13:31.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#11 amk

amk

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2018 - 16:42

What a gorgeous pen. The 500 is a pen that I will have to own some time, but I keep putting off the spend. I could kick myself for not having bought one that needed repair at a very affordable price... so I keep hoping I'll find one on a flea market somewhere.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

#12 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• 21,622 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 20:41

Eventually you may want to lay hands on a bird top, in it might sell for more if you are so foolish to sell it.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, 500, fountain pe, germany

Sponsored Content

|