The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

One Of The Very Best Chinese Ebay Sellers

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 00:59

I know we are (almost) all very interested in what's coming out of China these days, but hunting down pens can be a bit of a chore.

I've ordered dozens of pens from this seller now, and he's head and shoulders above the rest - he goes by "Bobby" when he's speaking english, his communication is excellent, and I've never gotten items from China more quickly (usually 10 days max)

He's never messed up an order, communication is great, his store doesn't have fifty thousand items, and focuses pretty much exclusively on the good stuff - Delike, PenBBS, and the Lecai, along with spare nibs for a lot of the pens.

He also has his ear to the ground with the pen world over there, which is awesome, he truly is an FP fan like us. He confirmed to me today that he's hearing overtures from PenBBS on a new vac-fill or button-filler, and expects to know more in a couple weeks. And his listings tend to be much more in-depth than most of the ones you see on eBay.

Here's his store

http://stores.ebay.c...icesuppliespen/

So just a little shoutout to one of the guys that really is doing things right over in China. I'm an outstandingly happy customer, and whenever I find something new, I look for it at his store first, even if it costs a dollar or so more, I always buy from him.

Sponsored Content

#2 DasKaltblut

DasKaltblut

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:56

Agreed. I love this guy. He ships faster than most other china sellers.

#3 Inky_paws

Inky_paws

Illegible and incoherent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:28

Those Chinese pens are so cheap. Is it a case of you need to have one just to say you have? I'm assuming there are some good writing pens among them.

#4 sciumbasci

sciumbasci

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:47

Those Chinese pens are so cheap. Is it a case of you need to have one just to say you have? I'm assuming there are some good writing pens among them.

Most are good quality pens.
Some are outstanding. Dare to gamble 6$ to find out?

#5 Inky_paws

Inky_paws

Illegible and incoherent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:19

Most are good quality pens.
Some are outstanding. Dare to gamble 6$ to find out?

Oh no, daring me to buy a pen I don't need. How can I resist the urge... (checks balance in paypal account) :D

Any suggestions on what to look for?

#6 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:21

I just received a pen from this Seller today.  

After reading a post from member, "penmanila," here on January 8, 2018 about his recent purchase of a $20.00 bamboo fountain pen, I resisted until January 25 & ordered same.  It arrived in about a week from Shanghai & then has spent a week in the US, after clearing Customs until delivery today.

The interesting thing to me is the Seller actually LOWERED the price of the pen from the January 8 listed price to $18.38, when I ordered mine & still shows them available @ the lower price.  It is not often you see a Seller lowering prices, after selling several!

#7 Inky_paws

Inky_paws

Illegible and incoherent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:59

That bamboo pen really has my purchase finger twitching :D

How do they carry the ink? Converter? Cartridge?

#8 tvradio

tvradio

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 14:20

I know we are (almost) all very interested in what's coming out of China these days, but hunting down pens can be a bit of a chore.

I've ordered dozens of pens from this seller now, and he's head and shoulders above the rest - he goes by "Bobby" when he's speaking english, his communication is excellent, and I've never gotten items from China more quickly (usually 10 days max)

Bobby also hangs out on Youtube - at least I've seen him in the comments section for user reviews of pens he sells. 

I just ordered an updated Delike New Moon EF with bent nib from him, and he contacted me within hours to say that he had shipped it out.

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

#9 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:49

That bamboo pen really has my purchase finger twitching :D

How do they carry the ink? Converter? Cartridge?

A HERO converter was included; it took about 4 tries until it drew ink, but the fourth time was the charm & it filled nicely.  I had flushed both the section & converter previously, after I had switched a Knox nib (that was broader) for the standard nib that arrived with the pen.  A cartridge would, I assume, work if the converter did.

#10 sciumbasci

sciumbasci

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:08

Oh no, daring me to buy a pen I don't need. How can I resist the urge... (checks balance in paypal account) :D

Any suggestions on what to look for?

My personal cheapie favourite is the Hero 616 Doctor (aka Jumbo), but i read people that swear by their Wing Sung 698/618: the former is a Flat top a la TWSBI, the latter a Parker 51esque with a hooded nib.

#11 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,575 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2018 - 21:24

The delike alpha with the bent nib is my winner, along with anything made by PenBBS.

#12 silverdragonia

silverdragonia

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2018 - 20:24

He also has his ear to the ground with the pen world over there, which is awesome, he truly is an FP fan like us. 

Thank you for posting this recommendation! There were two Chinese pens I had been eyeing at the end of 2017 - I guess I took too long and they disappeared off the market after a few weeks. I haven't been able to track them down for 2 months now, so I took a shot in the dark and messaged this seller.

He was so great - not only did he say he will look into the pens for me, he replied almost right away even though it's the middle of the Lunar New Year holiday break over there. I'm not getting my hopes up yet but this is still better than nothing.  :happy:

#13 tvradio

tvradio

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2018 - 21:12

I hope Bobby can help you.

Sadly, the Delike New Moon I just got from him was not to my liking - even with a bent nib (inked with Monteverde Olivine :) ) it was too narrow for me, and a bit scratchy. Not his fault, of course, and it arrived quickly (in less than 2 weeks). 

#14 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2018 - 22:02

A couple of things to note:

First, Australian buyers can't see the contents of this eBay seller's store unless they access it via ebay.com (using ebay.com.au his profile pops up, but the store is empty!). Don't know if this is also the case for other non-US users of eBay, but worth being aware of.

Second, the store is still open for business but notes that the seller is on holiday (for Chinese / lunar New Year) till 25 February.  I placed an order for a Delike Alpha, which was processed as per usual - but it appears it won't be shipped until after that date.

#15 tvradio

tvradio

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2018 - 22:56

Second, the store is still open for business but notes that the seller is on holiday (for Chinese / lunar New Year) till 25 February.  I placed an order for a Delike Alpha, which was processed as per usual - but it appears it won't be shipped until after that date.

Last time I visited his ebay page there was a banner on top of listings warning buyers about the shipping delay.

#16 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2018 - 00:29

Last time I visited his ebay page there was a banner on top of listings warning buyers about the shipping delay.

Correct - I didn't spot it till after I'd placed my order, but it was fine: I'm more than happy to wait!

#17 silverdragonia

silverdragonia

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:18

I hope Bobby can help you.

Sadly, the Delike New Moon I just got from him was not to my liking - even with a bent nib (inked with Monteverde Olivine :) ) it was too narrow for me, and a bit scratchy. Not his fault, of course, and it arrived quickly (in less than 2 weeks). 

Oh no   :mellow: Have you tried any stub/italic nibs? (How do you like the Olivine?)

#18 tvradio

tvradio

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2018 - 13:52

Oh no   :mellow: Have you tried any stub/italic nibs? (How do you like the Olivine?)

Stubs and italics seem to be a no-go for me with the way I overwrite: my nib is usually turned around so it's aimed just past my right shoulder. The nib is doing a lot more slashing and pushing when I write than when most people do.

The Delike's bent nib was was an interesting learning experience. This particular one wrote as thin (but more scratchily) as my $3 Preppy (and about as light, too), though its mottled blue body is prettier. Bobby shot it out to me within hours of my ordering it.

I like the Olivine but I prefer it in a broader nib, where I see the color more. I've got it right now in my Jinhao x750, into which I'd fitted a smooth Jowo B nib from AndersonPens. Although I like dark green-black and brown-black gel inks I'm finding that with fountain pens I'm liking less dark inks, which is a bit of a surprise to me. So Olivine not an ink I'd buy a bottle of. (Same for the short carts I bought of Diamine Chocolate Brown - let me know if you'd like a couple to try, because otherwise it'll take me forever to finish the box.) 

#19 ultimdan

ultimdan

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 22:24

I was wondering. Why is the Moonman M2 100$? I've seen it for 20$ elsewhere. Are they fake?

Thanks,

Danny

#20 DasKaltblut

DasKaltblut

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 23:21

I was wondering. Why is the Moonman M2 100$? I've seen it for 20$ elsewhere. Are they fake?

Thanks,

Danny

It isn't, and don't buy it at that price. I've been told that when Chinese ebay sellers get down to their last pen of one type, they jack the price way up so no one will buy it, and that keeps the listing open so when they get new stock, they can update rather than relist. Might have something to do with listing fees. Also, if someone is stupid enough to buy it, I guess they win since they get the cost of relisting paid for. So just wait, more stock will probably come in after Chinese new year.

Thank goodness I have 0 interest in eyedropper pens, that way I'm not tempted by these at all

Sponsored Content

|