The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Rotring 600 Transitional/levenger Nib Swap

rotring levenger nib

2 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelBradyNet

MichaelBradyNet

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 23:28

I finally purchased a Rotring 600, it is a levenger branded model that falls into the transition between series 1 and 2. It has knurling and cap retention springs. It is currently fitted with a Fine nib and I would like to swap in an Extra Fine nib. I've found other posts describing models that fit each revision but I haven't come across anything specifically about he transitional model. Will the nib from the Artpen EF sketching model fit (is this a normal EF nib)? I've also seen Esprit nibs listed on Ebay German, would those work? Thanks for your time. 

Sponsored Content

#2 MichaelBradyNet

MichaelBradyNet

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2018 - 21:51

Well the pen arrived an it actually appears to be one of the later Leveneger branded 600s that were made in Japan. Hopefully the Artpen EF nib will work in it. 

#3 MichaelBradyNet

MichaelBradyNet

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:07

The artpen sketch EF arrived, the nib looks less rounded than the Japanese 600 nib and seems to produce a thicker line. The artpen also seems scratchier, I guess I’ll stick with the fine nib it came with.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rotring, levenger, nib

Sponsored Content

|