The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Cross Catalog From 1986 Online Somewhere?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FrMark

FrMark

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:10

Once upon a time (1986) I received a Cross pen with a gold nib for a present, and the pen got lost very quickly, much to my dismay.  I still have the converter.

Is a catalog from that era on line somewhere? I'm trying to figure out what it might have been now that more than 30 years have gone by and if it is worth trying to secure an exact replacement (probably not, too many other interesting pens, but who knows).

Also, will a converter from back then fit current pens?  Current pens in office supply stores?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 MrThoth

MrThoth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2018 - 13:41

Given that the main focus of my sprawling pen collection is the Cross Townsend, I keep copies of as much Cross advertising stuff as I can find, but old material like this is difficult if not impossible to find. 1986 predates PDFs and Adobe Acrobat (and many other forms of e-publication and storage that we now take for granted).

Of the catalogs I do have, the best I can offer you is the Cross UK 1987 catalog and price list. Unfortunately they're both far too large to attach here, but if you PM me with an e-mail address I can send them to you that way. Alternately, I believe that at some point I sent all my Cross e-catalogs to David Isaacson for his database of pen catalogs and related materials, so they may already be available online that way.

Edited by MrThoth, 07 February 2018 - 13:42.

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

#3 FrMark

FrMark

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:06

Thanks Mr. Thoth, I will look for Mr. Isaacson on line.  meanwhile, I sent you a p.m.

#4 FrMark

FrMark

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:59

I found the Isaacson website and database and I think I found my pen and I think my memory is faulty in that the nib was plated not solid gold.  A nice looking instrument and a bad loss, but I don't think I'm going to work too hard to find it's exact replacement.  I tend to be more of a user and maker than collector if I can help it.  At least fountain pens and tools to make them take up less space than large format cameras (one of my other loves).  Y'all folks are a lot of help, many thanks!

Sponsored Content

|