Namisu Ixion, First Impression Review

woleizihan

Reading the review and then the comments, I don't think anyone - including me - would ever buy from Namisu from now on.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• woleizihan

• Jamerelbe

• jackling

• Jean_Chonot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reading the review and then the comments, I don't think anyone - including me - would ever buy from Namisu from now on.

Well I just have - they have now produced red and blue anodised versions of the aluminium Nova, and one is on its way to me 48 hours after ordering over the weekend.

I do sympathise hugely with everyone who's had problems with their Ixion. I was very lucky - I got a lovely pen fairly soon after delivery finally started, and it is a bargain. It seems a lot of the problems were caused by the massive success of the Kickstarter project - Namisu is a very small company and they just got overwhelmed. Even Bock could not fulfil the requirement for so many nibs. A big mistake was to outsource delivery and hence QC, compounded by their lack of communication. That last point at least should have been dealt with immediately and would perhaps have avoided a lot of the ill feeling.

But this will be my fifth Namisu pen, and I've been very happy with them - in my experience they make really nice affordable pens and the Nova Studio Ebonite is one of my favourites. I hope they can recover from this extraordinary experience, and perhaps not overstretch themselves in future. And I hope everyone who's still having problems gets them resolved.

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I am all for new players in the market, especially when companies rely on us - customers - with crowdfunding campaign. I accept the risk involved with every crowdfunding campaign but Namisu lack of communication seems to be just the tip of a huge problem, IMO.

My experience with Namisu was actually different. I waited for my Ixion and as I am very aware of the problems of the postal service I was patient (one month). Once I decided that it was really late I sent them a single email. I received a reply the next day and the pen was sent by fast courier immediately. I had it in my hands within 5 days of my email. I would consider this service as excellent.

Gistar

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get through to Namisu customer service after 3 tries. They replaced the flawed titanium Ixion with another one that is of excellent build quality. I think they are having growth issues as they expand distributors. As long as their customer service is responsive, I'm willing to purchase from them. The pens are solidly built and the nibs are good.

• 1 month later...

That... connoisseur. Came for Nova, going to end up looking for the Sheaffer instead. Great review with pics, thank you

Only tried to touch an uninked pen in local pen club meeting, but

Don't the shape and finish of the aluminum feels like that Italian stovetop coffee maker ?

with my limited writing experience on the pen I cannot decide how good or bad the nib are, but generally I find it OK, and the pen is nicely crafted, but ike many of todays' newer player who try to be so aesthetically right with the pen ( when capped ) the pen become ungainly when in its intended writing posture. The step is for me too noticeable and somewhat offensive in the hand and this is not help by the weight of the pen which is too much ( for the Brass and Copper , the Titanium and Aluminum borderline OK ). Which to me seems to be 2 major issue with all new models in such nude metal fashion these days. For those who can bear with the weight,and find a comfortable position with the pen I certainly would recommend the Copper version, that to me is the most beautiful one.

I have to say that I have 3 of their pens, and all are perfect. One of my buddies has 4 and none have any issues. Another has one that is fine.

This may be a squeaky wheel issue, but I would like to hear from others that are actually happy with Namisu.

Just to balance things out.

the Danitrio Fellowship

The Ixion is my third Namisu and in my view the best one. Both the standard B nib I got and the Titanium one wrote excellently from the first moment. Perhaps I am lucky but overall I like Namisu. I am contemplating on whether to get an ebonite Nova as well.

Gistar