The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Visconti Torpedo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sketchstack

sketchstack

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:22

I'm seeing images for a new Visconti "Torpedo". I don't have a deep knowledge to the Visconti line but I believe this is a brand new style/shape for them? 

A rather interesting pen nonetheless.

https://www.visconti...o-fp-over-1.asp

4216it-Torpedo-ST.jpg

I like to write or make short videos about my fountain pens such as the Conid Bulkfiller or Pilot Urushi 845 BB:

SketchStack.com

Sponsored Content

#2 AMWfountain

AMWfountain

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 14:36

This is the press info so far from the website

https://www.visconti...Torpedo_ENG.pdf

#3 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,172 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 21:05

Looks like the shape of the discontinued Van Gogh Maxi. I wish they had continued the overlay on the cap. Somebody needs to learn design from Henry Simpole.

#4 bfg

bfg

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 21:48

If this is the first new release after the departure of Dante Delvecchio I think they have a problem. It seems very derivative and 1660. euros. Really? 

#5 MrsGouletPens

MrsGouletPens

The Goulet Pen Company

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 16:29

I saw this in person a few days ago and it is ridiculously cool. A bit too heavy for me personally, but all the guys loved it. We passed it around and everyone was just like "whoa" when they held it. It has a lot going on, and the build quality was really nice. The carbon fiber cap is sleek, and the ink window is quite cool being able to see the double reservoir power filler.

FinalBanner-Transparent-300.jpg

#6 sketchstack

sketchstack

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 19:42

I saw this in person a few days ago and it is ridiculously cool. A bit too heavy for me personally, but all the guys loved it. We passed it around and everyone was just like "whoa" when they held it. It has a lot going on, and the build quality was really nice. The carbon fiber cap is sleek, and the ink window is quite cool being able to see the double reservoir power filler.

Thanks for the impression. Are you able to indicate pricing for this model and/or a release timeframe? 

I like to write or make short videos about my fountain pens such as the Conid Bulkfiller or Pilot Urushi 845 BB:

SketchStack.com

#7 MrsGouletPens

MrsGouletPens

The Goulet Pen Company

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:45

Should be out this spring (not sure what month yet), and looking like $1995 MSRP in the US.

FinalBanner-Transparent-300.jpg

Sponsored Content

|