Incowrimo 2018

thudthwacker

As of today, I've sent 49 letters and received eight letters in response. (These numbers don't include 'regular' pen pal letters or postcards for Postcrossing.) I guess I'll try to get 56 letters out total, for a tidy two per day average. So one letter per day out for the next seven days and I'm done... for February.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Runnin_Ute

• george c

• sharonspens

• thudthwacker

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow motsamicaux! 49!! And I thought I was doing pretty good. Sent number 27 and 28 in today's mail. I have had 10 come in as of today's mail. Not counting the five hand delivered cards. Everything I have received has been responded to.

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

As of today, I've sent 49 letters and received eight letters in response. (These numbers don't include 'regular' pen pal letters or postcards for Postcrossing.) I guess I'll try to get 56 letters out total, for a tidy two per day average. So one letter per day out for the next seven days and I'm done... for February.

Wow, impressive!!! Way to go!!!!! And great job everyone!!!!!

I sent out 24 already, almost done with the 25th, and that’s totally including letters to my “usual suspects” penpals, birthday cards, and random postcards. I don’t do Postcrossing, but some of my friends enjoy receiving postcards...

Gary,

Wow, you're doing great. It's 3:00AM and I just finished #25 so I should make the 28 by the end of the month. I fess up...many are postcards though all of the folks who have written to me have gotten a letter in return.

Hope we're all enjoying this. Speaking for myself, it would be nice to continue on after February, though not necessarily a letter a day.

Best regards,

George

PS. Gary, your letter is on the way.....

https://www.amazon.com/George-Callender/e/B005GSGOR4/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_6?qid=1518394422&sr=8-6

(My little corner at Amazon....)

"May we all have great words flowing out of our pens."

#25 going out this morning. 10 in so far this month.

Oh, I know this of myself

I assume as much for other people

We’ve listened more to life’s end gong

Than the sound of life’s sweet bells

I am on top of the outgoing mail. Have three recent arrivals to respond to, including this one that arrived today with a bonus:

post-8917-0-41354300-1519436050_thumb.jpg

I'll have to ink it up to use for the THANK YOU!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Two new letters in today. One from PA, the other from MO.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Nice bonus, Sharon!

Brad

Well, today is February 24, 2018, and I have kept up with INCOWRIMO 2018. My practice is to write a letter to a man, a woman, one in the U.S. and one foreign, on alternating days. Haven’t missed a day, and only four to go. And I’ve looked up each address on Google Maps so I can see where my recipients live. Some of my recipients have sent return mail, and I’ve received one letter that was from a nice person who selected my name from the address list. It’s been fun, and in a few cases I see the possibility of ongoing correspondence. This is a great way to make friends, and frankly, I’m having a great deal of fun.

Eric

Nice bonus, Sharon!

I agree! Writes wonderfully, so far!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Number 30 got completed after the mail came yesterday, so it will go in tomorrow's mail. I will try and get three or four more ready to go by the 28th. Whether those are letters that arrive or others remains to be seen. There are six hand delivered cards as well that I haven't included in the 30. (only because they weren't sent via USPS. They will get added at the end.

Brad

I'm going to end on sending about 30 and I'm happy enough with that. Those include my regular penpals. :)

I even wrote to Hillary Rodham Clinton and told her I enjoyed reading her book. :) No reply though. :(

Mailed out the 29th letter this morning! I still have 2 more letters to answer, plus two birthday cards to send out. So I should be a few above 30 by the end of the month, depending on how quickly I write those letters and whether I will receive any letters today (will be on the road again starting tomorrow, won’t be back until March 1st.). Yea!!!

Oops, double post, sorry... 。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。

Edited by flyingfox

Wow Sharon, that pen is beautiful! Hope it writes how it looks!

I managed 26 (+1 or 2 extra birthday cards) but I'll have to do shorter ones for the remaining days, since life got busy.

But looks like I'll be finishing my 2nd year completely which is a great feeling! :D

Now the 20+ unanswered letters on my desk is not that good, but slowly!

"Music..Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." - Arnold Bennett

Instagram // my inks

I had three arrive today. I am well beyond 28 so no worries, although I will try and get some of these answered by Wednesday. All 3 will go in tomorrow's mail. (Tuesday)

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad