Incowrimo 2018

thudthwacker

Two more sent today. That puts me at 14 through USPS. Two very different places. Philadelphia, PA and South Africa. Will try and get one or two more done today.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Runnin_Ute

• george c

• sharonspens

• thudthwacker

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've done 12 letters (10 posted, 2 to go out tomorrow) and a few notecards and postcards. And received a lovely surprise letter from an FPNer :-)

Finished three more this evening. One to Australia, the others stateside. (MO, CA)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I'm still keeping pace, and still having a great time with postcards. I've also been wandering around TheBay, seeing what kinds of postcards might be available. I've so far not opted for any of the many vintage offerings, but I did order a set of modern postcards with vintage poster prints on the front (the specific set I got features robots and science fiction thrillers). If the fountain-pen-friendliness of the postcards proves to be good, I expect to get a lot more -- among the themed sets are kung-fu movies, hardboiled detective, vintage Halloween, and Christmas gnomes. And all are oversize, so there's plenty of room for a note. (I'll report back once the first set arrives -- the sole downside is that the vendor is shipping from New Zealand, so their wares may take a little while to wend their way to New Jersey.)

Edited by thudthwacker

I'm still keeping pace, and still having a great time with postcards. I've also been wandering around TheBay, seeing what kinds of postcards might be available. I've so far not opted for any of the many vintage offerings, but I did order a set of modern postcards with vintage poster prints on the front (the specific set I got features robots and science fiction thrillers). If the fountain-pen-friendliness of the postcards proves to be good, I expect to get a lot more -- among the themed sets are kung-fu movies, hardboiled detective, vintage Halloween, and Christmas gnomes. And all are oversize, so there's plenty of room for a note. (I'll report back once the first set arrives -- the sole downside is that the vendor is shipping from New Zealand, so their wares may take a little while to wend their way to New Jersey.)

If you are in Jersey and want postcards with vintage design, come down to Philly! You can find postcards with Declaration of Independence easily, and some souvenir stores have them for 25 cents a piece or $1 for 5 cards!

Also- at Marshall’s in Center City (11th and Market), a couple of weeks ago, I got a box set of 100 postcards featuring the cover pictures of New Yorker Magazine, for under $10.-. At 10 cents a piece, the cost performance is decent. Some are from 1920’s, so- yea, vintage design. Sure, some are nicer than others, but I figured I can save the ones I really like, and send out the ones that are not as nice LOL!

Woo-hoo! So far 13 mailed, one hand-delivered Valentine's card. Trying to make sure I keep up with my established penpals but I also love writing to new and random strangers!

I'll come up with something eventually.

Over half way through the month. I've made sure I have written one on every day. One day, I wrote five (2 notes, 3 post cards) and yesterday, two.

I do not want to get it in my mind that I am ahead, that way I will not get the notion I can let a day go by without writing the One for that day.

Today is the day to write other random international letter.

Through yesterday, I had sent 17. Didn't get any new out. But I will probably try and write one or two today. That doesn't count the five I have hand delivered this month.

Brad

I haven't had any new letters today, and have now run out of letters to reply to. So I will have to think up someone to write to before I fall behind. :o

Over half way through the month. I've made sure I have written one on every day. One day, I wrote five (2 notes, 3 post cards) and yesterday, two.

I do not want to get it in my mind that I am ahead, that way I will not get the notion I can let a day go by without writing the One for that day.

Today is the day to write other random international letter.

I could be a random International letter recipient :D

Happy to see all of you participating! :)

I'm good so far, but had to go with cards on more than a few days. Compared to last year I don't have that much free time, so my inbox has 10 letters right now. But most of them are for pen pals from last year and we don't do letters shorter than 4 a/4 pages, so it's hard to write a reply within a day. X;D

I'm really hopefully I will be finishing February with a win again, last year it was so much fun and I felt proud haha

"Music..Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." - Arnold Bennett

Instagram // my inks

I had three arrive today, and I got two of them answered for tomorrow's mail. That would put me at 19. In addition to those, which all are going in the mail, I have five that have been hand delivered. (thank you notes or other)

Brad

Yes, I would guess we aren't supposed to talk politics. That said, I am sending out a postcard today to President Trump. It's a B&W photo of JFK's inauguration. (Yes, I know he'll never see it)

I'm also planning on sending President Obama a card.

I'm caught up as of yesterday.

Regards,

George

https://www.amazon.com/George-Callender/e/B005GSGOR4/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_6?qid=1518394422&sr=8-6

(My little corner at Amazon....)

"May we all have great words flowing out of our pens."

Hi Folks,

Made another posting to my blog. Comments about INCOWRIMO and my card to Trump is also posted.

https://bluehighwaysofvirginia.blogspot.com/2018/02/my-postcard-to-president-trump.html

Regards,

George

https://www.amazon.com/George-Callender/e/B005GSGOR4/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_6?qid=1518394422&sr=8-6

(My little corner at Amazon....)

"May we all have great words flowing out of our pens."

Put another in today's mail, and received three. One of those was a Christmas card that was returned by the post office due to a expired forwarding order. It has been prepared to go back out. I will get these two done so they can go in the mail on Tuesday - with Monday being a postal holiday. Out Month to Date: 20

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

Happy to see all of you participating! :)

I'm good so far, but had to go with cards on more than a few days. Compared to last year I don't have that much free time, so my inbox has 10 letters right now. But most of them are for pen pals from last year and we don't do letters shorter than 4 a/4 pages, so it's hard to write a reply within a day. X;D

I'm really hopefully I will be finishing February with a win again, last year it was so much fun and I felt proud haha

I know what you mean... one of my amazing penpals wrote me twenty (twenty!!!) pages on A4 size so I've been replying over many days so I can be as thoughtful and responsive as she deserves. My goal is to get it out before end of February. I will succeed!

I'll come up with something eventually.

I know what you mean... one of my amazing penpals wrote me twenty (twenty!!!) pages on A4 size so I've been replying over many days so I can be as thoughtful and responsive as she deserves. My goal is to get it out before end of February. I will succeed!

wow! 20!! Have fun with the reply, that's more important! :D

I haven't started with my reply, but I should have a little more time from next Wednesday so hopefully soon. :)

I made 3 cards today that I can mail out before Wednesday so I should be able to stay on track.

"Music..Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." - Arnold Bennett

Instagram // my inks

Two more in today, replies completed and ready to drop in the mail. They will go tomorrow. Once gone that is 25. With a week to go.

Brad