Incowrimo 2018

thudthwacker

So, how's everybody doing with the challenge this year?

Despite my lack of planning, I've managed to keep up thus far. :D Thankfully, we keep a pretty good stock of correspondence supplies these days.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Runnin_Ute

• george c

• sharonspens

• flyingfox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I could say the same I am off a day and today is not looking good either LOL. I am at a loss on who to write.

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

C.S. Lewis

“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.”

Frank Herbert, Dune

Sitting here looking over my calendar. I am right on schedule. I will have to write today's when I get home this evening since my art supplies are there (three this week will have artwork on the envelope and letter).

I am enjoying this!

The plan is to write 28 letters thoughout the month, but I'm already behind, thanks to a couple busy days.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

This is amazing. Went to my PO box today and found two "terrific" letters. Thanks to Patricia and Gary! I will respond soon.

Regards,

George

EDIT: OK, I fess up. I had just planned on writing to folks who wrote to me. Yeah, I know!!!! Anyway, starting today I'm going to try to get out 28 letters this month.

Edited by george c

https://www.amazon.com/George-Callender/e/B005GSGOR4/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_6?qid=1518394422&sr=8-6

(My little corner at Amazon....)

"May we all have great words flowing out of our pens."

Dropped three off at the mailbox this morning. That brings me up to five. So on schedule. Got one new one in today's mail.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I'm on track with five done. Getting ready to write one tonight. Haven't had to break out the postcards yet, but it is early in the month! (Have received 3 letters and a postcard so far)

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Five for five, yea! I am ahead of the game, actually... I should be able to do 28 letters/ random cards during the month of February.

All my friends whose birthday is in February or March are disproportionately likely to receive a birthday card from me LOL!!!

(*´∇`*)

Finishing up my 6th one tonight! Feelin' good! Gonna try to get ahead on the weekend to give myself some extra time, maybe.

I'll come up with something eventually.

Day seven! One week in!

I am, so far, hitting my goal of writing out one item a day -- they get into an actual mailbox whenever I get to one, though I've managed to get them into a postbox the day after I wrote them thus far.

I've been using mostly postcards -- we have some oversize ones (anything over 4.5" x 6" requires first-class postage, not just the special postcard rate -- glad I noticed that before putting insufficient postage on half the stuff I was sending), so I can fit a decently-sized note. And, oddly, the postcards we've got have a coating that makes them fairly fountain-pen friendly, unlike most of the greeting cards we've got stocked. I've got a Jinhao 992 filled with Pilot Blue-black pretty much all the time, so the exposed writing shouldn't get entirely obliterated if they happen to encounter moisture in their travels.

I really enjoy writing to people every day. I should remember that, and see if I can write to people, if not every day, at least a few times a week.

I really enjoy writing to people every day. I should remember that, and see if I can write to people, if not every day, at least a few times a week.

Get a few pen pals and it isn't to difficult.

One out today for a total of six. Two more ready to go in the morning. May try and get at least one more done tonight.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I have three more from my 28 list to get out. I decided to get Valentine's for everyone to start off.

I need to complete my questionnaire to three of them.

I was very excited to get my first letter yesterday in the mail. A fountain pen enthusiast so I was so excited.

My last name is the name of a pen company so he was attracted to that and I just love snail mail.

I managed to stay a day or two ahead with the writing, posting each day, through yesterday (7th). Now I am just on schedule, not having written today's yet (11:16 a.m.).

This being my first time, and having work to do on weekdays, I am limiting my efforts to postcards for now, although I have done one notecard in an envelope. More may come. But I made the postcards myself, from b&w photos I have taken over the years.

Actually, I'm good through the 8th, now ready to mail out for the 9th.

Hi folks,

You may or not be interested in my latest post on my blog.

https://bluehighwaysofvirginia.blogspot.com/2018/02/there-are-still-nice-people-out-there.html

I've gotten great letters.

And, so it goes.

Best regards,

George

https://www.amazon.com/George-Callender/e/B005GSGOR4/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_6?qid=1518394422&sr=8-6

Still going strong- actually sent out 14 letters/ cards already, so I am ahead of the game a bit. Will be away for work for the whole week, so I know I will be behind when I get back, but I also know that I will be able to catch up!

I usually do carry my pen/ some writing papers around with me when I travel, but my hand writing gets absolutely horrible when I am tired... Don’t want to subject anyone to that, in the event that the postal service could decode the address...

Hi Folks,

I'm sitting here writing away. Have finished three tonight and working on a fourth. Yes, I'm getting a late start.

Actually, though of course, we can write year round, this might be a good time to write to folks who we ordinarily wouldn't.

I am going to send a note to Senator Tammy Duckworth.

Also, I'm going to send a note to Tim Johnson, the fellow who wrote a letter a day for 108 days. I learned of him, here on the forum.

I write about and rant and rave about so-called complementary and alternative medicine. In fact, I have 300-plus videos on YouTube (I'll spare you the link). Anyway, recently rummaging around on the web gathering information about Paltrow's GOOP. Happened across an MD who's written several articles about her. Yep, going to send the MD a note.

Anyway, for whatever this is worth.

Best regards,

George

Four out in USPS this morning, bringing those to twelve. And to date I have three others that were hand delivered and expect one or more today after an appointment I have this afternoon.

Brad

Three out today. I am on track, and actually slightly ahead.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway