The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Moonman 80 Vs. Parker 45

moonman parker 45 moonman 80

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:20

my 80 didn't cap properly, it was super, super tight and wouldn't go all the way on.

The nib sucked too. but I loved the shape and pattern on the cap

Where can one buy parker 45 nibs? if I could find a broad, oblique or stub 45 nib for under $50, I might try it again.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Sponsored Content

#22 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:38

my 80 didn't cap properly, it was super, super tight and wouldn't go all the way on.

The nib sucked too. but I loved the shape and pattern on the cap

Where can one buy parker 45 nibs? if I could find a broad, oblique or stub 45 nib for under $50, I might try it again.

Some sellers on eBay sell NOS nibs in the original packaging, which is much safer than getting a used one.

Five Star Pens also has a lot of P45 nibs at reasonable prices. I got my steel broad from them for something like $20, but they also have rare sizes like soft 14k UK nibs as well.

I got my favorite 14k P45 nib from FPN member piscov who tuned it for me before shipping it. Highly recommended! I just bought an MB nib off of him too.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moonman, parker 45, moonman 80

Sponsored Content

|