The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Vintage Onoto Pen Models

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 praxim

praxim

still on twig

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2020 - 00:36

I think it was to his wife.

"...all observation must be for or against some view if it is to be of any service." Charles Darwin

Sponsored Content

#22 praxim

praxim

still on twig

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2020 - 00:42

I have just bought a 6234 in machine worked bhr with a two tone No5 nib but mine has a single wide (4.5 mm) wide 9 carat (.375) gold band. The band is by Johnson & Matthey but I am unable to decipher the marks which are an M in a circle and what looks like a lion or leopard head, also in a circle.

Looking in Steve Hull's Conway book he has a picture on page 76 of an identical mark, which he says dates to 1936, except mine has an M instead of A. Any further information on the dating would be most welcome.

The other mark on the 'blind cap' is C8

I must have missed this query at the time. The characters A and M should be year codes. I believe M is 1946. I would have expected A to be 1934, though it was a while ago that I last looked at JM&co. The leopard (or whatever) head will be their mark.

"...all observation must be for or against some view if it is to be of any service." Charles Darwin

#23 ralfstc

ralfstc

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2020 - 23:29

PeterG, like this?

1936-2xxx.gif1947M.gif

I think this is silver rather than gold, but the M is the datemark and means 1947. The lion's face means London. (The sideways lion is just a silver mark for sterling). You can play with this site too . . . 

Ralf

Sponsored Content

|