The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Sf230

4 replies to this topic

#1 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2018 - 15:06

I'm wanting to replace the sac in my sf230 but I can't see a clear point of separation between the section and barrel. I have a horrible feeling it has been somehow fused and I'm nervous of applying heat. Can someone describe exactly where it should be?

Sponsored Content

#2 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,637 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2018 - 15:11

A picture would help.

The joint is between the section and the barrel of course.  A hairdryer is the means of applying heat. I have found that sometimes, repeated heating and cooling are necessary. 

I have re-sacced hundreds of Swans; you should not have a problem.  If after heating, you cannot bear to touch the barrel you have gone too far!

Good luck.

Cob.

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#3 Greenie

Greenie

Collectors Item

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2018 - 17:13

The joint is right at the end of the barrel threads where the smooth gripping section begins.

It will be friction fit, and not threaded.

Heat and test on  your lips. When it is starting to get too hot to put on your lips, it is ready. Give it a twist. 

#4 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2018 - 17:58

Thank you, much appreciated.

#5 Uncial

Uncial

Antique