I'm wanting to replace the sac in my sf230 but I can't see a clear point of separation between the section and barrel. I have a horrible feeling it has been somehow fused and I'm nervous of applying heat. Can someone describe exactly where it should be?
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 02 February 2018 - 15:11
A picture would help.
The joint is between the section and the barrel of course. A hairdryer is the means of applying heat. I have found that sometimes, repeated heating and cooling are necessary.
I have re-sacced hundreds of Swans; you should not have a problem. If after heating, you cannot bear to touch the barrel you have gone too far!
Posted 02 February 2018 - 17:13
The joint is right at the end of the barrel threads where the smooth gripping section begins.
It will be friction fit, and not threaded.
Heat and test on your lips. When it is starting to get too hot to put on your lips, it is ready. Give it a twist.