The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Wettest Ink?

wet ink nib flow smooth writing pen

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 IndigoBOB

IndigoBOB

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2018 - 20:55

Hi Jim
Very good advice from all the posts. Also remember that ink wetness is only one variable within the "tryad" : ink, pen and paper. Inks can be wetter or drier, pens have more or less flow, and papers can be more or les absorbent, so it takes some doing until you find the perfect mariage for your writing experience.
Claudio

+1

All three factors in the triad have a substantial influence on the writing experience.  

Sponsored Content

#22 AlohaJim

AlohaJim

Carpe Diem

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2018 - 23:11

+1

All three factors in the triad have a substantial influence on the writing experience.  

Thanks so much everyone for the great help.

I didn't know any of this.

mahalo,

jim

My Photography Web Page

http://www.uscommerc...photography.com

flying-letter-exc.png

#23 AlohaJim

AlohaJim

Carpe Diem

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2018 - 23:12

Would it make sense to keep fountain pens in a zip lock bag to keep them from drying out?

mahalo,

jim

My Photography Web Page

http://www.uscommerc...photography.com

flying-letter-exc.png

#24 Dr_P

Dr_P

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2018 - 23:37

Would it make sense to keep fountain pens in a zip lock bag to keep them from drying out?
mahalo,
jim

I would tend to say no. A capped pen should not dry if you use it regularly (at least daily or every two or three days) unless there is a design issue (I.e. Parker sonnets do nor have an airtight cap so they tend to dry out if you don't use them for some days).

Claudio

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wet, ink, nib, flow, smooth, writing, pen

Sponsored Content

|