New Authorized Platinum Dealer In Bc Canada

bluebellrose

That's right! After a bit of poking on fb, bc residents now have a new authorized Platinum dealer! Vancouver Pen shop told me they would be getting Platinum pens in about a month or so.

Perks moved and no longer stocks it. Or did they ever stock it? The usa distribution arm has them listed as the official dealer but doesn't have their old address listed. I fired off an email enquiring why. Then I posted on the Platinum Japanese page, ";) I'd wish BC residents here have more access to your line. Sadly the only Platinum fountain pen I have access to is the Platinum Rivivere from Daiso No official dealer here. And the Rivivere feels kinda flimsy. Our official dealer kinda disappeared after they moved. Was there today and was told they no longer sold your product. 1f641.png:( I think we need a new authorized dealer"

I got a sad face like and yeah. I didn't expect anything to happen. But it did apparently. Since there's a new Canadian distributor.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bluebellrose

• Maja

• LewBleu

That's right! After a bit of poking on fb, bc residents now have a new authorized Platinum dealer! Vancouver Pen shop told me they would be getting Platinum pens in about a month or so.

Perks moved and no longer stocks it. Or did they ever stock it? The usa distribution arm has them listed as the official dealer but doesn't have their old address listed. I fired off an email enquiring why. Then I posted on the Platinum Japanese page, " ;) I'd wish BC residents here have more access to your line. Sadly the only Platinum fountain pen I have access to is the Platinum Rivivere from Daiso No official dealer here. And the Rivivere feels kinda flimsy. Our official dealer kinda disappeared after they moved. Was there today and was told they no longer sold your product. 1f641.png :( I think we need a new authorized dealer"

I got a sad face like and yeah. I didn't expect anything to happen. But it did apparently. Since there's a new Canadian distributor.

Perks (the Cambie Street store across from Oakridge Mall) actually didn't move---it closed down in December 2016. I honestly don't recall that Perks selling any Platinum writing instruments; our pen club used to meet there and I think I'd remember if they did. I could be wrong.

The last remaining branch of the Perks chain is at Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver, and has been there for many, many years....and it's open 7 days per week!

That's great news re: the Canadian distributorship for Platinum! (now I won't have to buy my Preppys from JetPens lol) I did buy a couple of Rivieres at Daiso a long time ago; they're OK writers but pretty basic and lightweight, so it'd be nice if we could buy some "nicer" models.

Thanks for letting us know the good news! :thumbup:

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, Like maybe they used to stock it before they moved.

I'm wondering if that maybe contributed to Platinum blowing a gasket. Because that's even worse. Listing an non existent dealer that never existed in the first place. Platinum has a section where you can find the official dealers and they linked to the North American distributor on their website, and the North American distributor has Perks listed as an official authorized dealer in BC. It's like they were too lazy to keep the lists of their official noodler inks dealers and platinum dealer lists seperate.

I got mad when I ended up on a wild goose chase and poked Platinum about it with that comment. Looks like someone's head rolled and someone got really mad. This distributor literally shut Platinum out of the 3rd largest city with a "fake" listed official dealer and nothing else but a Daiso selling low end Platinum products.

Edited by bluebellrose

• 2 months later...

Bumping this because I've been informed by a friend she spotted preppies in Charals. Looks like Platinum over delivered in giving us Platinum official dealers.

• 2 weeks later...

informing folks that I have spotted Platinum Black ink at Daiso! It's in cartridges but it's alright. And Platinum brush pens At Daiso as well. Lots of Platinum stuff popping up ever since the new distributor showed up. The Platinum distributor is the Lamy distributor in Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol oops. I think we cleared Daiso of Platinum Black ink and Brush pens. They only have the disposable brush pens left. And Daiso put brush pen ink next to the Platinum Riverre

Edited by bluebellrose

Sorry to bump thread but!

"Hi Carmen, Thanks for both coming to visit and for your review. Your points about updating websites is noted and just to let you know, Platinum have just announced a presence in Canada starting Jan 2018. We should have more information shortly. Please call me and I'll elaborate more.
Thanks again, Richard"

This is the reply I got from the Perks owner. >_> Platinum clearly listed LuxuryBrands of America (Platinum USA) as their Canadian and Usa distributor before they canned them in Canada. And as proof I searched up a blog post from WonderPens in 2013.

https://blog.wonderpens.ca/platinum-preppy-fountain-pen-with-platinum-red-ink/ That was when LuxuryBrands of America was the official Canadian distributor. >_> There was always a distributor for Canada. And Perks had the best access of everyone else in BC before they got canned They were stocking Noodlers! Half of what they distributed in NORTH America!

lol if Perks had Platinum stocked like Luxurybrands said they had, I wouldn't have gotten mad enough to poke Platinum Japan.

• 6 months later...

Reporting my Platinum findings so far over the Lower Mainland.

Preppies have been spotted in Perks(Go figure, they were the official dealer in town but had nothing,stock is low)

Paper Ya has posted Preppies on their blog. I will need to go in person to see their selection. They have noodlers,

Charals, their fp selection is posted online, they now have the black sign marker and the preppy highlighters at 3.00 each

The store employees didn't know the Plasir is actually the Al preppy with the tips being interchangable. They don't have the sign marker and the highlighter tips in stock because they don't think there's enough of a market for it.

Nikado and Paper YA: So far I haven't had time to drop in to check them out.

So far I haven't spotted tips yet in BC.

Edited by bluebellrose

• 2 weeks later...

I may have to find a cheap flight on WestJet in the new year and go Pen Crawling in the Vancouver Metro area. It will be a welcome relief from Ottawa in the dead of winter. ;)

• 1 month later...

And new update! Platinum has linked to the new distributor in Canada. They got a new domain name so Platinum needs to fix that since they got the old name. Google found their new domain name. If you don't have a pen shop near you to get your platinum preppy fix, they can sell directly to you. However be warned, they use canpar as a shipper and they have a really bad rep that follows them.

Distributor link.

https://lsfgrouppens.ca/

Looks like getting preppy marker tips in Canada is a big fat no since even the distributor doesn't have it listed on their website. I guess Platinum really liked what they saw and hired them.

Edited by bluebellrose

• 1 month later...

And another update! Vancouver Pen Shop now has the entire Line of preppies including the Al preppies! (Plasir)

LuxuryBrandsUsa, the former distributor had a sponsored post on my facebook feed.I don't know if they are playing dumb or willfully misunderstood me. I commented on their Platinum Post, too bad it didn't actually make it's way to BC customers and we had to be satisfied with a puny offering at Daiso or order halfway across the country thanks to your outdated official Platinum/Noodlers dealers list. The official dealer you had listed stocked a no Platinum resulting in a peeved off customer. You know the rest.

They replied: We are the US distributor. I know fpn stocks it. Email us for a dealer near you.

Not too bright are they. I'm starting to wonder if that was why Platinum canned them. Before they got Lamy Canada's distributor to be their distributor Platinum had LuxuryBrands listed as the North American distributor. Since last year, Platinum had Lamy Canada act as their distributor in Canada. Well Lamy Canada's distributor but they essentially run Lamy Canada. Lfsgrouppens.ca is the official Lamy distributor.

Lol outdated website,at least one dealer listed doesn't sell Platinum.

• 1 year later...

I learned recently that LuxuryBrands had previously sold noodler's at Nikado. But they didn't stock platinum until platinum canned LuxuryBrands in Canada. So now I'm wondering If LuxuryBrands had demanded that retailers stock noodler's with a sufficient amount of sales before they let them stock platinum in canada. That would explain why Perks didn't get it but wonderpens did.

Edited by bluebellrose