What Is The Best Low Cost Pen?

denmarks

you can go to the bank and get one of there free hand out pens for free.

Free bank pens, huh? How hard was it to rip off its chain?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IndigoBOB

• tvradio

• sidpost

• oneill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Free bank pens, huh? How hard was it to rip off its chain?

LOL - they don't notice if you cough when you do it.

Edited by Manalto

James

LOL - they don't notice if you cough when you do it.

I have a vision of all the little steel balls rolling across the glass countertop and splashing onto the floor a la Matrix slow-mo. 😁

I have a vision of all the little steel balls rolling across the glass countertop and splashing onto the floor a la Matrix slow-mo.

And then I come in a Neo the day from wrong doing :rolleyes: ...

and cough some more to make sure the pen is stolen... I mean recycled properly B)

My current favourite is the uniball vision elite. Writes nice and smooth for me.

That said - I have some (I think Pilot) gel pens that write in different colours depending on the colour paper used.

Edited by Bexinthecity247

'Someone shoot me please.'

~the delectable Louisa Durrell~

You know, they've been hit or miss for me, but I have a couple Gelly Roll 08's that are so lovely, smooth, wet, and effortless to write with.

The Royal Blue ones are a deep blue indigo that's a lovely darker ink. And they're permanent, too.

And the surface of the pen has a nice texture to it that helps prevent slippage.

• 6 months later...

If you like parker jotter pens, I just bought some stocking stuffers. At a local wholesale club, I bought 5 gift sets which include a blue body jotter, stainless jotter, 2 BP refills and 2 gel refills in each gift box at $4.81 per set. I am a sucker for a deal and I do like the Jotter. All but the BP refills are made in France.

I've been enjoying the Mistubishi Air pens this year - they do lay down a thick line - so the fine ones work better.

As for balllpoints, the Caran D'Ache 849 is nice. The hexagonal grip is comfortable and it contains a lot of ink.

Edited by sandy101

at the lower level of pricing I enjoy the Dollar 717i

it's a cheap looking pen but nib performance is more satisfying than one would expect, and not just in comparison to price

fpn_1552602266__dollar_717.jpg

At tis moment I tend to say the Pilot / Pentel / Mitsubishi customizable multi-pen being the best in economical price range pens that just work great , and they are not throw away one time use , getting refill is not hard and they come in varieties

Bic Cristal!

Ding ding ding... if we mean disposable.

If not I’ve gotten vintage cross pens for five to ten dollars, yes even the gold ones! Swap in a fresh refill and you have a pen that will write for decades more and have a lifetime warranty at that.

<b>Inked up:</b> Ranga 3C, Lamy 2000, Pilot Custom 74, Pelikan m205 , Platinum Preppy, Pilot Decimo<br><b>Inks currently using:</b> Troublemaker Blue Guitar, Nemosine Alpha Centauri, Noodler’s Navy, Aircorps blue black<br> Signature ink and pen: Noodler’s Navy + Lamy 2000

Personally I'm done with disposables. for the absolute cheapest, highest quality, at about a buck fifty apiece, the zebra G301 rollerball is a nice steel body, solid click, and replaceable cartridge.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

pentel energel or any retractable gel pen, Pilot, Uniball, Pentel, Zebra, and then buy refills from Muji. During the back to school season they were selling sarasa refills for 1.35 after discount if you got 5 refills.

I met a girl today, She had lots of empty pen bodies at home. I saw her grabbing 2 pink and 2 purple so I was like you do realize the refills are so much cheaper? Just get one of each and grab 2 refills. Then she was like omg they sell refills? So I pulled the refill tub from underneath and showed it to her. I'm like if you have an empty pentel energel you could put these in there. I told her that's what I do. Then she hunted for her empty pen body she thought she had to give to her friend. Pulled out a zebra sarasa. And I'm like these muji retractable pens are really rebranded zebra pens. I'm like see? They have the exact same grip and they have the telltale zebra binder clip. She's like omg! And picked up two black refills.

:) I just saved someone some money. Well she only saved like 1.00 but it adds up and she's a broke student. Well that's what she said anyways. She's like yeah it adds up. And we're broke students! I should have attempted to penable her with a cheap Jinhao and some ink.

Edited by bluebellrose

Parker Jotter...or the new Parker Jotter XL which is a bit larger than the ordinary Jotter for larger hands (more ergonomic). I testify by them both, and I own several Montblancs, a bunch of Watermans, a bunch of other Parkers, Cross pens, Sheaffers, and even had a Monteverde which failed on me.

Though I am interested in that Jinhao that was suggested on the first page.

I no longer own any fountain pens... Now they own me.

1. Anything that fits a Schmidt Easyflow9000 - Fantastic - You can Search Cultpens.com and filter the search to the type of refill and find some very affordable models.
  2. Pilot V7 - The original one you have to cap - It writes just like a fountain pen. I find the v5 requires pressure, or maybe mine just dried out, but I love how smooth the V7 is. But it's a little skinny and light.
  3. Uni Jestream pens/Refills

I find these are the smoother more effortless pens.

• 3 weeks later...

In my humble opinion I would say the Parker Jotter. It has been my constant companion since 1998. No matter how many different pens I try be it fountain, roller or gel the Parker jotter is the ultimate every day companion. It is not so pretentious so as to draw attention to it and neither is it on the disposable spectrum of pens. The ink quality of the easy flow refills have changed for the best! It's that sweet spot between buttery smooth with some feedback. The most important factor for me is the longetivity of the refill and that it lays down a nice vivid solid line. The Parker brand is also showing a marked rejuvenation in its product portfolio. The jotters of today are incorporating creative and attractive finishes this emphasises the everlasting grandeur of a pen released in the 1950s.

Pilot Precise V5 Rollerball. Moleskine pocket notebook likes it too.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

Hm...tough question, lots of options in the "low cost" arena.

Personally I would go with the Pentel Energel or it's upmarket brethren the Energel Stirling.

Both use the exact same refill but the Sterling is an all metal pen where as the regular Energel is plastic bodied with a rubber grip.

Arguing with people on the Internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon will just knock the pieces over, s**t on the board and strut around like it's victorious.

pentel energel or any retractable gel pen, Pilot, Uniball, Pentel, Zebra, and then buy refills from Muji. During the back to school season they were selling sarasa refills for 1.35 after discount if you got 5 refills.

I met a girl today, She had lots of empty pen bodies at home. I saw her grabbing 2 pink and 2 purple so I was like you do realize the refills are so much cheaper? Just get one of each and grab 2 refills. Then she was like omg they sell refills? So I pulled the refill tub from underneath and showed it to her. I'm like if you have an empty pentel energel you could put these in there. I told her that's what I do. Then she hunted for her empty pen body she thought she had to give to her friend. Pulled out a zebra sarasa. And I'm like these muji retractable pens are really rebranded zebra pens. I'm like see? They have the exact same grip and they have the telltale zebra binder clip. She's like omg! And picked up two black refills.

:) I just saved someone some money. Well she only saved like 1.00 but it adds up and she's a broke student. Well that's what she said anyways. She's like yeah it adds up. And we're broke students! I should have attempted to penable her with a cheap Jinhao and some ink.

It's a shame, but it's often cheaper to buy pens on sale than it is to buy refills for said pens. So much wasted material.

Most non-Pilot gel pens use the same size refill, so if your Energel runs out of ink and you see a pack of Uniball 307's on sale, it's probably cheaper to buy the 307's and use the refills to feed your Energel.

--flatline