The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Kaweco Liliput Fireblue Double Broad

kaweco double broad bb fireblue

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 tinta

tinta

Zoë-kutya

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2018 - 21:18

are these nibs bock?

The 060 nib units for the Liliput pens are of the "screw-in" kind.  They are made by Bock in stainless steel or gold.

My avatar image is of a 14K BB stub.

Edited by tinta, 02 February 2018 - 21:20.

Sailor 1911 Standards (14c nibs): *Black/gold, 0.8 mm. stub *Burgundy/gold, 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI & 1.1 mm. CI, *Sailor Profit Standards: Brown & Red Marbled Mozaiques,(machined acrylic/rhodium),1.0 mm.CI & 0.8 mm. stub *Kaweco SPECIAL fp 14c."M" "B",(0.5- mm & 0.8 mm BLS) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput 14c 0.6- stub (BLS) *Montblanc 254, 14c "BB" flügelfeder factory stub

Sponsored Content

#22 sub_bluesy

sub_bluesy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:44

I received my Bock titanium #5 nib today. I ended up putting it on a Montegrappa Espressione for now. Honestly I wouldnt waste my money on a #5 Titanium nib. The #6 yes, all day long. The #5 though is basically as stiff as a steel nib. Ok maybe a tad softer but not even close to $40 more softer. I would skip it. The BB steel #5 Bock nib is many times more interesting. Im no longer planning to swap the BB steel Bock for the medium titanium. Really its kind of a let down. Oh well.
Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

#23 SoulSamurai

SoulSamurai

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:49

That's unfotunate.

#24 sub_bluesy

sub_bluesy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:02

Ok so Ive had a day to think about it. I might have been a little too hasty in my evaluation of the #5 Ti nib. Heres a sample of a #5 Bock Ti medium vs a #6 Bock Ti fine. The #5 is pretty good but you have to beat on it a little. Probably not a sustainable philosophy anyway. Theres no real spring at all vs a #6 but I suppose thats due to its smaller size. Maybe I was expecting a titanium #5 miracle. No such luck. Overall I would say youre not going to get a nice springy feeling out of a #5 so best get your line variation by tipping material grind. Im sure this is common knowledge that I thought titanium could overcome. No such luck. Im still sticking with the BB on the Liliput but the #5 is not so bad. Still would price it less than a #6 based on performance. I think pricing a #5 and a #6 the same is a little cheeky.
Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

#25 SoulSamurai

SoulSamurai

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:32

There's other flex #5 options. I posted in the nibs forum asking about one I just came across the other day (and received no replies): https://www.classicn.../heritance-nibs

I haven't tried them myself but I'm thinking about it.

#26 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:28

I really do like the look of the copper one. But cant see the value for money in it at £75. I think it should be closer to £40 max

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kaweco, double broad, bb, fireblue

Sponsored Content

|